screen says out of range

hi i recently bought civ3 for my new computer after i have installed it and
press play game the screen runs a short film then gose black and says out of
range

"saintydfc" <saintydfc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi i recently bought civ3 for my new computer after i have installed it
> and
> press play game the screen runs a short film then gose black and says out
> of
> range

Hello!

Firstly, grab the latest patch for the game from
http://www.civ3.com/support.cfm. Install that and see if it improves it.

If not.

Browse to your Civilisation 3 directory by default this is C:\Program
Files\Infogrames\Interactive\Civilization 3. Then double click on
Civilization3.ini. (it may not have .ini at the end but by the default icon
is a white sheet of paper with a little cog thing on the right of it).

It should then open it up in Notepad and go to a empty line and type
Refresh=60 save it, exit Notepad and restart the game.

That should *work*. If you're using a CRT monitor (big ones not a slim one)
you may want to try changing the 60, to perhaps 70, or 75. By default Civ 3
uses 85, which is what's causing the problem (your monitor can't handle the
refresh rate), but generally 70 or 75 is much more pleasing on the eyes then
60.

If you have any more questions just shout. :cool:

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Browse to your Civilisation 3 directory by default this is C:\Program
> Files\Infogrames\Interactive\Civilization 3. Then double click on

Whoops. Make that C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization 3
who put back slash near the space bar!?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.