Closed Solved

GTX 670 reccomendation

Between these GTX 670's, which is the best: GIGABYTE GV-N670WF2-2GD, Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX or Galaxy 67NPH6DV6KXZ? (Also, can anyone point out the major differences between the Galaxy cards? (They seem identical?)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reccomendation
  1. gene0915 said:
    Between these GTX 670's, which is the best: GIGABYTE GV-N670WF2-2GD, Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX or Galaxy 67NPH6DV6KXZ? (Also, can anyone point out the major differences between the Galaxy cards? (They seem identical?)


    Whichever is cheapest and has good user reviews. Have you considered a 7950 or 7970?
  2. Best answer
    i would use the gigabyte; the cooler model is very good
  3. CaptainTom said:
    Whichever is cheapest and has good user reviews. Have you considered a 7950 or 7970?


    They are all the same price on the egg. As for looking at AMD offerings, for the games I'm mainly interested in playing, the GTX 670 came out a little bit ahead.
  4. gene0915 said:
    They are all the same price on the egg. As for looking at AMD offerings, for the games I'm mainly interested in playing, the GTX 670 came out a little bit ahead.


    Not to sound like a fanboy who loves his card, but just an FYI: my OC'd 7970 beats the 590 and 6990 in all benchmarks I have run (Even when they are overclocked too). I can't find a single GPU that beats it in any benchmark.

    So what benchmarks are you looking at? I'm curious ;)
  5. gene0915 said:
    They are all the same price on the egg. As for looking at AMD offerings, for the games I'm mainly interested in playing, the GTX 670 came out a little bit ahead.


    Just checked the 3 links. One of them has free shipping. That is the one I would go with. Honestly they are all 5/5 and $380. They are basically all the same.

    FYI: One of the reviews for the card said he got an average of 93 FPS on ugine heaven. I ran my PC under the same settings and got an average of 130 FPS. That makes my card ~40% stronger than that 670 and it is the same price.

    If you are absolutely sure the 670 is better for your games (I can't think of any with a 40% nvidia bias lol), then I can respect your decision and say I think the one with free shipping is the best. Otherwise seriously look into all your options.


    P.S. Not trying to be a dick.
  6. I have the Gigabyte OC version, and with a rather steep overclock, I can usually keep the temperatures below 60 C. Windforce works.
  7. I just got this card a couple of days ago. Its clocked higher and is cheaper with free shipping but no games. http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GV-N670OC-2GD-GeForce-Windforce-Graphics/dp/B0080I06WQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355028060&sr=8-1&keywords=gigabyte+670
  8. ^^ the windforce coolers are very good.
  9. Best answer selected by gene0915.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Gigabyte Graphics