No signal on monitor from GTX 670 , Help me out please

I have this retarded issue that i cannot get through no matter what i do

When i pop my gpu into asus p8b75-m le (pcie 3.0/2.0 x16) slot and power on ze machine , charge is given , fans be spinnin' but no image is supplied to the monitor . I have played with all possible settings in the BIOS via Onboard crap graphics le intel , ofc i updated it to latests firmware blah bla bla . i quadruple checked to make sure that power cords were connected in an orderly manner in the GPU.

Almost gave up but no , i had my Newton and the apple moment where i decided to plug my GPU into the slower pcie 2.0 x4 slot which runs at an embarrassingly slow speed for a mid-high end GPU like 670. And viola ! It worked , i finally got an image to my monitor. Did a few front flips out of happiness , entered windows 7 , did few benchmarks and the smile left my face once again. Very unacceptable performance for a 300$ card.

But no i didn't give up that easy. By that time i was pretty much convinced that my mobo was faulty or at least some part of it. I ran down to a local pc part dealer and bought a shiny new ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M which supports SLI. Plugged out everything from old asus mobo into ASRock mobo , GTX 670 proudly into its throne seat pcie 3.0/2.0 x 16 ofc. When i had everything ready , i just clicked on the power button again. Three seconds later nothing happens. I stare blankly into the screen as my body starts shaking with anger. I start cursing out loud while at the same time unplugging everything again and plugging back in for a double check. NOTHING.

So here i am , totally clueless .All i know is that my card is telling me to **** off with my pcie 3.0/2.0 x 16 slots . I have absolutely no more ideas guys. All hope is on you ! Help me please ! S.O.S :bounce:
10 answers Last reply
More about signal monitor please
  1. have you set your primary OUTPUT for the pcie?
    full system specs will help also
  2. ideocard: GTX 670 2 GB
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k
    Mainboard: Asus p8b75-m le
    Memory: DDR3 12800 1600 2x4gb kit
    Soundcard:
    PSU: XFX PRO 550W

I have set my primary device as pcie . that was one of the first things i did .
  3. have you updated the bios on your motherboard?
  4. Yessir ;) these things i do first thing
  5. are you plugged into the card and not the slot on the motherboard?
  6. This question gave me a brain spasm. Can you elaborate on it more ? because i really do have trouble understanding it
  7. is your monitor plugged into the card? or is it plugged into the motherboard?
  8. right now it only works when its plugged into the motherboards onboard graphics , cause when i plug it into the card , as i said , it does not send any signal to the monitor
  9. do you have another rig to test it out? another card to test out the current rig? this would help you determine if the card was DOA
  10. I said that i tested this card in another motherboard. ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M and still nothing , yet the card it self worked fine on a slower pcie x4 mode on both motherboards . So the issue cannot be with motherboards pcie x 16 3.0 slots . Nor the issue cannot be with the card since it worked fine on a pcie x4 slot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia GPUs Monitors Graphics