mc605700

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new HIS HD7750. Prior to installing the card I'd been running the integrated graphics on my i3-2100 without any problem. I don't have any problems running 3D games. Though mostly I'm just running League of Legends. The problem I am having is that my computer randomly crashes to a striped grey screen when I am browsing the internet. This crash requires a hard restart of my computer. It seems to happen most often when I am running flash video. It will definitely crash in less than five minutes if I am using Silverlight to watch Netflix but it also crashes sometimes when I'm just browsing around web pages. I'm usually using chrome but this also happens in IE.

I am currently running Catalyst 12.10. I have tried reinstalling the catalyst driver, reinstalling silverlight and reinstalling chrome. I've disabled hardware acceleration in both Silverlight and in the Flash plugin in Chrome. This seems to delay the crash but does not prevent it. I have found references to similar problems with Google searches but they seem to be the result of the 12.4 through 12.8 catalyst drivers.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

shadow_city

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I was in s similar situation as you. I was using an i5 2400 with integrated graphics, waiting for my 6870 to arrive. Integrated graphics worked fine. I then installed the 6870 and loaded up some games (Assassins Creed, Crysis, BF3 etc), boom, grey stripes. It did not like flash games either

I forgot which I did first but I changed my RAM from Corsair to Kingston and re-installed my OS, without the Intel graphic drivers and it has worked fine ever since.

List your full specs as well please.

Good luck!

mc605700

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

Well, I don't have any problems in games. No crashing of any kind. Only when web browsing or playing videos. I might try tinkering with with my memory settings if I can.

mc605700

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

The HD7750 is in a Dell Optiplex 790.....The mobo disables integrated graphics when I put a video card in the PCIe 16x slot. But I have gone back and uninstalled the Intel Video driver. That didn't seem to help either.

mc605700

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

Well, what I'm seeing looks sort of like the example of DVI corruption and sort of like the example of Memory corruption. Except in both cases it completely blanks the screen. Sometimes the audio keeps going for a while but usually it gets caught in a loop when that happens. It seems more like a hardware crash than a DVI issue.

Any idea how I would go about trying to figure out if it's a driver conflict issue?

I'm using a DVI cable currently. I might try switching to the VGA port and see if that makes any difference.