Gtx 580 fan stuck on 75%

try booting into safe mode and use a drive sweeper and install the newest nvidia driver on reboot. if your using msi afterburner try uninstalling it and the reinstalling it. may have set in msi afterburner the fan to be there. the card could be clogged with dust or is lose. check that the heat sink on tight...if on tight it could be the thermal paste dried out or the gpu chip is over heating.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

i did a clean install of windows. the fan is clean. it only happen wheni boot to windows, in the boot process the fan is quite like it was ment to be. any ides? i have afterburner bu the lowest fan setting i have i 75 and up.

in msi if you have not tuched the fan speed so it reads and sets the fan at the bios default of the nvidia card it should be set at 30-40 percent and the auto button is on. i would go into afterburner uncheck the auto button and pull the fan speed back to 30 percent and then reset the auto button to 30 percent. if it wont change or drop i would uninstall it and then reboot and see if the fanspeed back to normal. if it is then i would reinstall it. just make sure you dont save your old profile info.