Zone game rooms

I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!
More about zone game rooms

    Hi Putt,

    I created a patch (reg fix) for that issue. It's available at this URL:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "putt" <putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14681460-612B-48AB-AA2C-22CA3965E756@microsoft.com...
    >I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
    > and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
    > get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
    > Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
    > advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
    > not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
    > for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!

    Thanks Jimmy - I have downloaded this patch and I am still having the same
    problem. What should I do next?

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Putt,
    >
    > I created a patch (reg fix) for that issue. It's available at this URL:
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "putt" <putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14681460-612B-48AB-AA2C-22CA3965E756@microsoft.com...
    > >I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
    > > and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
    > > get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
    > > Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
    > > advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
    > > not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
    > > for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!
    > > --

    Hi Putt,

    Did the patch install successfully after you ran it?

    If it did...

    There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

    The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
    Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

    However, while you're here... ;-)
    To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

    Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

    Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

    Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

    Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

    Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

    Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)

    MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

    Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

    --

    "putt" <putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42DE51A0-D0B2-4A75-BFFC-3D0E4A62E6AB@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks Jimmy - I have downloaded this patch and I am still having the same
    > problem. What should I do next?
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Putt,
    >>
    >> I created a patch (reg fix) for that issue. It's available at this URL:
    >> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    >>
    >> "putt" <putt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14681460-612B-48AB-AA2C-22CA3965E756@microsoft.com...
    >> >I have recently downloaded windows xp professional, I am the administrator,
    >> > and cannot get into a game room. I can however get into a lobby, and I can
    >> > get my zone friends list up. I have downloaded the patch, reloaded the
    >> > Javascript and checked all my security settings as the troubleshooting has
    >> > advised. I have tried to change the registry files, but the game rooms do
    >> > not show up in the registry. When I click on a game room, I get an hourglass
    >> > for a quick second, and then nothing. Help!
    >> > --

Games Registry Microsoft Windows XP