Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

2500$ first gaming build

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 24, 2013 2:05:50 AM

i had posted earlier about a 1600$ budget on a build, i have just been informed that i have run into more money!!

i just want the best i can get for 2500 that will kinda be future proof... i have no idea where to start soo have at it!!

More about : 2500 gaming build

Best solution

January 24, 2013 2:30:24 AM

I would good an i5 3570k,
This asus z77 motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
2x4gb 2133mhz ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
seasonic 850w psu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
1tb seagate HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
256gb samsung ssd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
2x his 7970ghz edition
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
dvd drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
atx case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
coolermaster hyper 12
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
window 7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The total for the build is $1907
You could get this 2560x1440 monitor for $450
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CROSSOVER-2730MD-LED-2560x1...
It is from Korea, has good warranties, and is better than the apple monitors according to some reviews. 2 7970's could easily run it. Before you order, you have to read this warranty to make sure you are okay with it. Also it will take longer to get a new one since it is from Korea.
Or you could get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's the best 2d 1080p monitor you can get, and kinda speaks for itself. Either of these will keep you under $2500.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:31:51 AM

You want $2500, you got it. Much overkill (for most of the components) for gaming, but it is damn cool.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($80.76 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Agility 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($469.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($469.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($122.75 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VE278Q 27.0" Monitor ($289.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Keyboard: Logitech 920-003709 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Laser Mouse ($55.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $2500.35
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 23:30 EST-0500)
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:44:20 AM

Lt Dan Zsu's build far outstrips cballs, I'm afraid to say. I usually like his work, but that just wastes money in weird places.

(That being said, the other option is picking up a 120Hz monitor. The BenQ is the cream of the crop, and gaming at 120fps is like nothing else.)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 2:45:19 AM

This is an excellent price for an extremely good gaming build that will play pretty much everything you throw at it ultra settings. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mfzP
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 2:59:48 AM

DarkSable said:
Lt Dan Zsu's build far outstrips cballs, I'm afraid to say. I usually like his work, but that just wastes money in weird places.

(That being said, the other option is picking up a 120Hz monitor. The BenQ is the cream of the crop, and gaming at 120fps is like nothing else.)

Thanks for backing me up dark sable. I forgot about 120hz monitors, that is also a good option. This is assuming that you need a monitor of course. I just threw one in because I know I can make a pc that will play on ultra for a while for less than $2000.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 3:13:52 AM

All serious. The 7950s will OC to 7970 if we really want to talk about budget cuts. The Noctua would be better for better OC on the CPU, but EVO is fine. 750W is good. With 27" 120Hz monitor and full tower for aesthetics.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($223.79 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Agility 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($115.17 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Acer HN274Hbmiiid 120Hz 27.0" Monitor ($389.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Keyboard: Logitech Wireless Combo MK260 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2089.82
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-24 00:12 EST-0500)
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 3:15:37 AM

lt_dan_zsu said:
Thanks for backing me up dark sable. I forgot about 120hz monitors, that is also a good option. This is assuming that you need a monitor of course. I just threw one in because I know I can make a pc that will play on ultra for a while for less than $2000.


so will this last around 2 years before having to upgrade the gpu's and/or will it run all of the new titles in the upcoming year?

sorry if i sound stupid or skeptical i just haven't made one before.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 3:17:51 AM

To Cball: When did we talk about budget cuts. Your build just had a lot of useless things. The one I put together costs less, and it can't be argued that it would perform worse. You are forgetting that the 7970 can overclock too.
To OP: Yes 2 7970 ghz will be able to run any game on ultra for a while. One 7970 can run any game at 55+fps. With having two, and overclocking. you will be fine. 2 7950's would probably be fine even.
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 11:21:48 PM

lt_dan_zsu said:
To Cball: When did we talk about budget cuts. Your build just had a lot of useless things. The one I put together costs less, and it can't be argued that it would perform worse. You are forgetting that the 7970 can overclock too.
To OP: Yes 2 7970 ghz will be able to run any game on ultra for a while. One 7970 can run any game at 55+fps. With having two, and overclocking. you will be fine. 2 7950's would probably be fine even.



thank you for all of this great info i had one last question.

overclocking wise how hot will this get, i live in texas and it gets pretty hot in my room would i be frying anything?
m
0
l
January 24, 2013 11:49:47 PM

It depends on the specific card and ambient temps. If it gets to hot, your system should shut off to prevent damage. Just make sure you overclock gradually.
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 2:44:14 PM

lt_dan_zsu said:
It depends on the specific card and ambient temps. If it gets to hot, your system should shut off to prevent damage. Just make sure you overclock gradually.



im pretty sure im getting this build thank you lt dan zsu. umm would this run 3 monitors? not that i need it just maybe in the future i might upgrade.
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 2:44:50 PM

Best answer selected by supafartmaster.
m
0
l
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 29, 2013 4:53:13 PM

lt_dan_zsu said:
I would good an i5 3570k,
This asus z77 motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
2x4gb 2133mhz ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
seasonic 850w psu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
1tb seagate HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
256gb samsung ssd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
2x his 7970ghz edition
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
dvd drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
atx case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
coolermaster hyper 12
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
window 7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The total for the build is $1907
You could get this 2560x1440 monitor for $450
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-CROSSOVER-2730MD-LED-2560x1...
It is from Korea, has good warranties, and is better than the apple monitors according to some reviews. 2 7970's could easily run it. Before you order, you have to read this warranty to make sure you are okay with it. Also it will take longer to get a new one since it is from Korea.
Or you could get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's the best 2d 1080p monitor you can get, and kinda speaks for itself. Either of these will keep you under $2500.


Really???? You'd trust $2500 worth of components to a crappy Elite 431? Absolutely not. Pay a bit more for a case and get something like a Phantom 410 or Corsair 400R, but an Elite 431 - no, just absolutely no.
m
0
l
!