Gpu error PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick19

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hi everyone so the other day december 5 i built my first computer, with windows 7 64 bit. So i turned it on today and it was working fine. Then i started up guild wars 2 and it was running fine, played for like 10 minutes and then i teleported to a high populated place and all of a sudden the screen stated doing weird things and was spazzing. Then the screen went black and then came back on with the message "display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 306.97 stopped responding".I was like thats weird so i tryed to start the game back up and it said i couldn't open the file. So i decided to restart my computer and see if that worked but it didn't.It said the same thing when i tried to open the game. Then the screen went black and did the same thing now i was just sitting on the desktop not running a game or anything. This keeps happening every like 15 seconds and sometimes the screen doesn't pop back up it just goes into power save mode. Take into consideration my gpu degrees was only at 29°c. Can someone help me its getting me really nervous that my gpu went bed in 3 days. The first two days were fine no problems or anything.
Specs:
Mobo gigabyte ga-77x-up4 th z77 r
Gpu gigabyte gv-n660oc-2gd gtx660 r
Psu thermaltake 700w
Cpu intel core i5 3570k
Ram 4Gx2 corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c9r
Hd 1tb samsung hd103sj
Cpu cooler hyper 212

If you need more information let me know.

Solution
Hi just some ideas

First you should double check that the extra pcie power cord is plugged into the GPU.

Then you should download furmark and maybe heaven benchmarking suite to test out your GPU. You can try re-installing the drivers or rolling them back to a previous version, or checking the tick-box for BETA versions.

OCCT makes a GPU memory testing program as well http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=214

I had similar issues when I ran amd, in my case it was the GPU bios, when the card switches to 3D mode the voltage was not increasing to max. You could check using MSI afterburner and see what settings you can modify.

Fungi

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi just some ideas

First you should double check that the extra pcie power cord is plugged into the GPU.

Then you should download furmark and maybe heaven benchmarking suite to test out your GPU. You can try re-installing the drivers or rolling them back to a previous version, or checking the tick-box for BETA versions.

OCCT makes a GPU memory testing program as well http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=214

I had similar issues when I ran amd, in my case it was the GPU bios, when the card switches to 3D mode the voltage was not increasing to max. You could check using MSI afterburner and see what settings you can modify.

Fungi

Solution

Nick19

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Ok my gpu only has one slot to plug in the pcie cord and that is correctly plugged in, i downloaded the furmark and tested my card and it worked fine but there was those weird blurry lines in the screen still, i reinstalled the drivers and that didnt seem to do much beside stop the screen from going black for around 2 seconds then the error message coming up. I also downloaded msi afterburner but i didnt really know what to do with it and i didnt want to mess up my gpu more so i left the setting alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.