Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to properly power EVGA 560 Ti?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2012 1:42:52 AM

Hello, I'm pretty new to computer building and I just bought a new rig. The issue I'm having is that I'm not quite sure the proper cable configuration to power the card, my EVGA manual says I need to plug in both 6 pin connectors to get the proper power to my card and it comes with two 6 pin connectors, but the cables I have with my power supply unit don't cover all of the 4 pin extensions from the 6 pin connector. I have enough to cover one, and there's a 6 pin connector from my power supply, but my worry about this is that the 6 pin connectors that come with the card only have 5 prongs with the top row center prong missing, where as the cable from my PSU has all 6.

Could I use the cable from my PSU and one that connects to the 4 prong extension to power my card? I don't want to mess something up and want to double check before I do anything.

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
December 9, 2012 7:38:14 AM

What is your power supply unit model?

Generally, you'd always want to connect the power supply directly to the graphics card without using any connectors, but some power supplies don't have enough connectors, so they include the adapters.
December 9, 2012 10:40:50 AM

Sunius said:
What is your power supply unit model?

Generally, you'd always want to connect the power supply directly to the graphics card without using any connectors, but some power supplies don't have enough connectors, so they include the adapters.

I can't seem to find the exact model number, it's a CoolMax 600W PSU, but you just answered my question anyways, so thank you.
Score
December 9, 2012 10:41:03 AM

Best answer selected by JohnGrimm.
Score
!