Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Recommend good repair shops for Panasonic LD-S2

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 11:33:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Hi folx,

I just bought Pioneer LD-S2 off of Ebay. However, it arrived damaged. The tray
wouldn't open unless I pool it out. When I try to play LDs, some of them just
wouldn't play at all, and others would give very noisy barely visable picture
if any for the first minute and then they would stop. I'd like to repair it.

Does anyone know any quality repair shops in Massachusetts area? Also how much
should I expect to pay for such repair? Thanks.

--Leonid
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 3:33:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Leonid Makarovsky wrote:
> Hi folx,
>
> I just bought Pioneer LD-S2 off of Ebay. However, it arrived damaged.
> The tray wouldn't open unless I pool it out. When I try to play LDs,
> some of them just wouldn't play at all, and others would give very
> noisy barely visable picture if any for the first minute and then
> they would stop. I'd like to repair it.

Is that the one that was purchased from a zero-feedback seller
recently? If so, I looked at that auction, but the seller's feedback
(or lack thereof) scared me off.

> Does anyone know any quality repair shops in Massachusetts area?

No, since you really only have a choice of two reputable people who can
fix it:

1. Kurtis Bahr
2. Bayview Electronics <http://www.laserdiscservice.com/&gt;

Virginia is closer to MA than Washington state, so I guess you want to
go with Kurtis?

> Also how much should I expect to pay for such repair? Thanks.

Count on about $100-300, depending upon the complexity of the problem.
HTH,

-Junior
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:58:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

unclejr <watsona@kenyon.edu> wrote:
: Is that the one that was purchased from a zero-feedback seller

No. It was purchased from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...

: No, since you really only have a choice of two reputable people who can
: fix it:

: 1. Kurtis Bahr
: 2. Bayview Electronics <http://www.laserdiscservice.com/&gt;

: Virginia is closer to MA than Washington state, so I guess you want to
: go with Kurtis?

: > Also how much should I expect to pay for such repair? Thanks.

: Count on about $100-300, depending upon the complexity of the problem.
: HTH,

I see. Then there's a shipping both ends. This unit doesn't have transport
screws thus it was damaged during shipping. What about the local services that
fix VCRs and such?

--Leonid
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:58:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

On 14 Jan 2005 22:58:54 GMT, Leonid Makarovsky <venom@csa2.bu.edu>
wrote:

>unclejr <watsona@kenyon.edu> wrote:
>: Is that the one that was purchased from a zero-feedback seller
>
>No. It was purchased from here:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...
>
>: No, since you really only have a choice of two reputable people who can
>: fix it:
>
>: 1. Kurtis Bahr
>: 2. Bayview Electronics <http://www.laserdiscservice.com/&gt;
>
>: Virginia is closer to MA than Washington state, so I guess you want to
>: go with Kurtis?
>
>: > Also how much should I expect to pay for such repair? Thanks.
>
>: Count on about $100-300, depending upon the complexity of the problem.
>: HTH,
>
>I see. Then there's a shipping both ends. This unit doesn't have transport
>screws thus it was damaged during shipping. What about the local services that
>fix VCRs and such?
>
>--Leonid

I can only speak from experience, but every time I try to engage
a local electronics tech into a discussion of Laserdisc player repair,
they get this faraway look in their eyes.

Shipping LD players is really like rolling the dice....I've bought
eight in the last two years and four have arrived D.O.A.

But the ones that I have bought from Kurtis were always as
right as rain and the extra effort he puts into proper packing
for shipment is apparent.

I will never buy another player from anyone other than Kurtis, no
matter how much of a bargain it appears to be.

Just my .02

Mike
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 4:18:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Leonid,

I hope you got your money back. That guy charged you a $20 packing fee
in addition to shipping costs. For that kind of money there is no
excuse for any damage. Also, you should leave negative feedback to
warn other buyers.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 7:09:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Leonid Makarovsky wrote:
> No. It was purchased from here:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...

According the auction terms stated by the seller:

"Electronic items are guaranteed against D.O.A (unless otherwise
noted), but no further due to age and nature of items."

It seems to me that you need to call him out onto the carpet regarding
his "guarantee"! It IS D.O.A., so he needs to give you your money back
as long as you ship him back the unit.

-Junior
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:20:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

unclejr <watsona@kenyon.edu> wrote:
: According the auction terms stated by the seller:

: "Electronic items are guaranteed against D.O.A (unless otherwise
: noted), but no further due to age and nature of items."

: It seems to me that you need to call him out onto the carpet regarding
: his "guarantee"! It IS D.O.A., so he needs to give you your money back
: as long as you ship him back the unit.

I filed the complaint with DHL. They processed it and told me that they were
going to send the check in the amount of $445. I don't have it yet, but I hope
I will. The other question is am I entitled for the full refund $492.25 or
$445? He is not going to send me the money for shipping.

--Leonid
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 8:23:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

unclejr <watsona@kenyon.edu> wrote:
: his "guarantee"! It IS D.O.A., so he needs to give you your money back
: as long as you ship him back the unit.

Yeah, but then I will have to pay for the shipping. BTW, I did call him right
away and he was very very cooperative. So I didn't even file the complaint with
paypal. I haven't left any feedback yet.

--Leonid
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 12:36:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

leonid,

Paypal won't do anything as long as the seller can show proof of
shipment on line. If you used a credit card, you can initiate a charge
back for shipping costs that were not refunded. The carrier should
refund the shipping costs in addition to the value of the item if they
pay the claim. If you used a credit card, let the seller know this and
that you won't hesitate to initiate a charge back. This will light a
fire under the seller, because paypal will charge him an extra $10 for
a charge back.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:02:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

More than 30 days has elapsed so I can't file a paypal claim. Maybe I should've.
But on the other hand if I fix it for less than $445 including shipping to
laserdics service and back, I think I am ok. But if you are saying that the
carrier must refund the shipping too, I will call them.

--Leonid

shower_urinator <shower_urinator@lycos.com> wrote:
: leonid,

: Paypal won't do anything as long as the seller can show proof of
: shipment on line. If you used a credit card, you can initiate a charge
: back for shipping costs that were not refunded. The carrier should
: refund the shipping costs in addition to the value of the item if they
: pay the claim. If you used a credit card, let the seller know this and
: that you won't hesitate to initiate a charge back. This will light a
: fire under the seller, because paypal will charge him an extra $10 for
: a charge back.
!