Directx 11 stuttering

toasthat

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hello, I currently have a Gigabyte GTX 670 graphics card and every game I've attempted to play that uses Directx 11 has a weird graphical issue. I'm not entirely sure if it is stuttering, but the movements on screen seem to speed up, then slow down, very rapidly. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Specs:
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
2GB Gigabyte 670 OC GTX
850W Corsair PSU
8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)

make sure you have the video card in the white port on the sabertooth mb. uses gpu-z read that the gpu running at pci 3 mode by 16x speed. make sure you turned off the mvp chipset/intel onboard video and uninstalled the mvp software. it a selling point that does not work..have the same mb and the mvp software..chip is very buggy. if your running only one monitor make sure in the nvidia control pannel you set it as one monitor so most of the gpu power goes to the one monitor. also set the slider to performance and power saving to off. with it on on light loads the gpu going to try and downlock itself. for your mb make sure you use the usb flash back and update the bios to SABERTOOTH Z77 BIOS 1708. there a lot of bug fixes for our mb. also in the mb bios turn on xmp ram profile so your ram running at max speed. there also a know glitch with directx download. most people when they download it get the april update of it. the april update is missing the newer directx files. want make sure you gogole direcxt june update as this one has the most newer files. the other thing is check on the game itself if you have to add a switch or patch for the game to run in the newer dirx.

toasthat

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
make sure you have the video card in the white port on the sabertooth mb. uses gpu-z read that the gpu running at pci 3 mode by 16x speed. make sure you turned off the mvp chipset/intel onboard video and uninstalled the mvp software. it a selling point that does not work..have the same mb and the mvp software..chip is very buggy. if your running only one monitor make sure in the nvidia control pannel you set it as one monitor so most of the gpu power goes to the one monitor. also set the slider to performance and power saving to off. with it on on light loads the gpu going to try and downlock itself. for your mb make sure you use the usb flash back and update the bios to SABERTOOTH Z77 BIOS 1708. there a lot of bug fixes for our mb. also in the mb bios turn on xmp ram profile so your ram running at max speed. there also a know glitch with directx download. most people when they download it get the april update of it. the april update is missing the newer directx files. want make sure you gogole direcxt june update as this one has the most newer files.
I did everything you said for the Nvidia control panel. I've never heard of mvp software, so I'm not sure if that's a problem. I just installed the June 2010 update and rebooted, but it didn't solve the problem. I will make sure I have my card in the PCI 3 port, change my RAM profile, and attempt to update my BIOS.
the other thing is check on the game itself if you have to add a switch or patch for the game to run in the newer dirx.
Keep in mind that this isn't one game, but every game that uses DX11.
Do you have a camera with which you could film what's happening?
If nothing here works, I will certainly record it so you know exactly what is happening.

Yea that will help to

toasthat

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

Alright, I wasn't going to say anything, but now you're being unnecessarily rude. Out of all the people here, you have been the least helpful. Even the guy who said to make sure vsync was enabled (Lostgamer_03) had more potential to be helpful than you. You don't want to help, you don't know how to help, and most importantly, I don't want your help. Just leave, there are plenty of actually capable people here, which I would like to thank for continuing to help me through this problem.

(By the way, "noob"? Really? What are you, 12?)

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

can you share a better quality video that exhibits it so we may get a better idea of what is occurring in there.As far as I know,there was a stuttering issue in nvidia drivers since 306.97 and nvidia in their forums have acknowledged it and had said they're working on it.However with the recent 310.70 beta drivers they have resolved quite a lot of glitches,bugs and other issues.Are you using these drivers?
Have you experienced this stuttering in heaven benchmark with adaptive v-sync on?

pooobah

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I'm experiencing a similar thing with a Radeon HD 6770-- in fact, I made a post a short while ago trying to find reasons to my problem. After reading thru this thread, now that I think about it, all the games I played and experienced this lag use dx11. So I starting going online, digging through old threads, etc. And I found that some people claim to have fixed this problem by updating mobo drivers :heink: It doesn't make sense to me, but it's worth a shot. If I find any other bits of information I'll be sure to post it here.