Is this how to move sound card to diff IRQ?

G

I need to move my sound card to another IRQ because it shares IRQ 10 with my video card. Do i go into device manager and remove the sound card properties. Power off, physically move sound card to differnet PCI slot and power on again? then reload drivers?

Will this automatcially place the sound card into an open IRQ? if not, how do i specify which ORQ to put it in?

System:
mobo, gigabyte GA-7DXR
cpu, AMD 1.4
OS, winME
video, MSI GF3
sound, SB live xgamer 5.1

thanx in advance for any replies.

1md

G

OK will do. But...it sounds too easy to do it that way. I havent experienced anything easy with computers yet.

G

Also keep in mind that if you have any on-board (mother board) resorces you don't use you can disable those items and gain usable resorces like IRQ's. For exsample: I do not have any Serial Devices on my machine, so in the BIOS I disable both Serial Ports and gain Free IRQ's. Many times this will make conflict's with Video and Sound go Away. Give it a try if your not using your Serial Ports or other built in Mother Board devices. You may have to remove and reinstall one of the cards in conflict for it to see the New available resorce after disabling the Mother Board device.
Hope this helps.

Take it with you, be a MobileGamer :wink:

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Another way to keep this from happening is go under the BIOS and make sure that your "reserve IRQ for USB" and "Reserve IRQ for Display Device" Is activated. Also, it is my experience that SB Live cards prefer to be in the PCI Slot # 3. Hope this helps you out.

If it works for you then don't fix it.