boa117

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
im sorry to bother the toms hardware but i would be very pleased if you could answer my questions.
im thinking about making a rig but im not a tech wizz so i want to ask you if all the parts are compatible

CPU: Phenom ii X4 980 BE
GPU: 7870 Ghz edition oc 2gb
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kit Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3-1600 (CL 9-9-9-24)
Power suply: 650W Fortron FSP Raider 80 PLUS Bronze or 500W Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2EU
Case: Thermaltake V3 BlacX with Docking Station

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
It would be alot easier for people to help if you would read this first, and follow the format given..
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice
Give us a budget, and let us know what this build is to be used for, and which parts are not needed (ie, do you already have a keyboard, mouse, OS, monitor etc..)

Off the top of my head I can already tell you to pick a different motherboard and cpu.. Phenoms are obsolete nowadays, they were replaced by the Bulldozer architecture, and the Bulldozer architecture was just recently replaced by Piledriver... You can't even buy that motherboard or CPU at newegg anymore, it has been discontinued, that tech is 4-5 years old now....

Definitely go with a Corsair PSU over that Fortron crap..
Good choice for the video card and memory..
You could definitely find a better case than that Thermaltake, check out the Corsair Carbide 300R, it's much better..
Anyways, read through that link, and follow that format when you give more details, or else nobody will be able to help you!