Problem games now working

I just wanted to post a follow-up to a recent post I did about two of my PC
games that weren't loading.

I saw a troubleshooting method on the internet and decided to try it,
thinking that it would be another dead end. Well, it wasn't.

I right-clicked on the desktop, clicked on settings, then clicked on
Advanced. Then I clicked on the Troubleshooting tab on the Video card box.
I lowered the acceleration a notch and both Max Payne and Medal of Honor:
Allied Assault both work fine.

If they used to work fine on full acceleration, what's up? Is that
neccesarily bad that they run fine on a lower acceleration? I don't get it.
But, I'm happy that the problem appears to be solved.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem games working

    Hi Gunslinger,

    When lowering the acceleration corrects an issue, it *usually*
    indicates that the drivers are corrupt or out of date.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Gunslinger" <Gunslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF4F5A80-A193-4557-A875-7A2B54A83560@microsoft.com...
    >I just wanted to post a follow-up to a recent post I did about two of my PC
    > games that weren't loading.
    >
    > I saw a troubleshooting method on the internet and decided to try it,
    > thinking that it would be another dead end. Well, it wasn't.
    >
    > I right-clicked on the desktop, clicked on settings, then clicked on
    > Advanced. Then I clicked on the Troubleshooting tab on the Video card box.
    > I lowered the acceleration a notch and both Max Payne and Medal of Honor:
    > Allied Assault both work fine.
    >
    > If they used to work fine on full acceleration, what's up? Is that
    > neccesarily bad that they run fine on a lower acceleration? I don't get it.
    > But, I'm happy that the problem appears to be solved.

    to many background processes running I guess.

    Jimmy S. wrote:
    > Hi Gunslinger,
    >
    > When lowering the acceleration corrects an issue, it *usually*
    > indicates that the drivers are corrupt or out of date.
    >

    > "Gunslinger" <Gunslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I just wanted to post a follow-up to a recent post I did about two
    >> of my PC games that weren't loading.
    >>
    >> I saw a troubleshooting method on the internet and decided to try it,
    >> thinking that it would be another dead end. Well, it wasn't.
    >>
    >> I right-clicked on the desktop, clicked on settings, then clicked on
    >> Advanced. Then I clicked on the Troubleshooting tab on the Video
    >> card box. I lowered the acceleration a notch and both Max Payne and
    >> Medal of Honor: Allied Assault both work fine.
    >>
    >> If they used to work fine on full acceleration, what's up? Is that
    >> neccesarily bad that they run fine on a lower acceleration? I don't
    >> get it. But, I'm happy that the problem appears to be solved.

Games Windows XP