Problem games now working

Gunslinger

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2003

I just wanted to post a follow-up to a recent post I did about two of my PC
games that weren't loading.

I saw a troubleshooting method on the internet and decided to try it,
thinking that it would be another dead end. Well, it wasn't.

I right-clicked on the desktop, clicked on settings, then clicked on
Advanced. Then I clicked on the Troubleshooting tab on the Video card box.
I lowered the acceleration a notch and both Max Payne and Medal of Honor:
Allied Assault both work fine.

If they used to work fine on full acceleration, what's up? Is that
neccesarily bad that they run fine on a lower acceleration? I don't get it.
But, I'm happy that the problem appears to be solved.

Hi Gunslinger,

When lowering the acceleration corrects an issue, it *usually*
indicates that the drivers are corrupt or out of date.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Gunslinger" <Gunslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF4F5A80-A193-4557-A875-7A2B54A83560@microsoft.com...
>I just wanted to post a follow-up to a recent post I did about two of my PC
> games that weren't loading.
>
> I saw a troubleshooting method on the internet and decided to try it,
> thinking that it would be another dead end. Well, it wasn't.
>
> I right-clicked on the desktop, clicked on settings, then clicked on
> Advanced. Then I clicked on the Troubleshooting tab on the Video card box.
> I lowered the acceleration a notch and both Max Payne and Medal of Honor:
> Allied Assault both work fine.
>
> If they used to work fine on full acceleration, what's up? Is that
> neccesarily bad that they run fine on a lower acceleration? I don't get it.
> But, I'm happy that the problem appears to be solved.

David

to many background processes running I guess.