Which Graphics Card Should I Get For My Gaming Computer - Help Please!

felixx

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hi, I'm building my first gaming computer and i know most of the parts that i want now but I'm still unsure on what graphics card i should be going for, right now the pieces I'm buying are:

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme6
Processor: Intel i5 3570k
RAM: 32gb (4x8gb) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600mhz
3TB HDD
256GB samsung 830 SSD
and OS: windows 7 ultimate

i plan on having a three screen setup but could anyone please tell what graphics card(s) i should be going for to get the best performance and highest FPS, not a very set budget, just nothing ridiculously expensive :] thanks a lot in advance!

^ Agree with maestro0428 I would go for two Sapphire 7970's in Crossfire. I have been using Sapphire since my 3850(AGP) and every one of them is still working in different rigs. Just make sure you have a PSU that can handle them. While Nvidia's 6xx cards can do 3 screens with one card now I still find AMD's Eyefinity to be better. It has been out longer and is more refined than Nvidia.

One other thing you will need at least one of your monitors to have DisplayPort or at least a active DisplayPort adapter. If you can't do 2 7970 one should still do what you what with not much problems. You did no list what monitors you are using so I can't really tell what you will need.

One more thing you really do not need 32gb of ram for a gaming computer. I would cut that down to at least 16gb and apply that money to your GPU. Really you could cut it down to 8gb and still have more than enough ram for a gaming rig.

The Sapphire 7950 is what I have in one of my AMD FX rigs and it runs great with my 3 Asus 27" monitors in Eyefinity. Had I had the money I might have got a 7970 but it was just to high priced at the time but I am very happy with the 7950.

With my AMD FX-8350 and Sapphire 7950 my rig does a very good job in any game I have played. That card is the one I am using in my rig.

Yeah i like my buddies Vapor- X so much i bought one but gave it to my son since i already have 670 sli.And i had been wanting to get rid of his GTX 480 so i bribe him for a trade lol!