Sign in with
Your question

New built pc not turning on!!

Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2013 4:55:44 PM

i built a new pc for the first time last night, i'm really certain that everthing is connected and connected properly, the standby light comes on around the power button but when i press the power button to turn it on, nothing happens at all, the cpu fan doesnt turn, psu fan doesnt turn or anything
please help :( 

More about : built turning

January 24, 2013 5:05:18 PM

Hello... verify your power switch/button is connected properly to your motherboard pins... you can take a screw driver tip, and touch/short those pins on your motherboard, to determine if your power switch/button is not working properly... You do not need to maintain the short to those pins, JUST a momentary short is needed to start the computer.
January 24, 2013 8:25:50 PM

Ironsounds said:
Hello... verify your power switch/button is connected properly to your motherboard pins... you can take a screw driver tip, and touch/short those pins on your motherboard, to determine if your power switch/button is not working properly... You do not need to maintain the short to those pins, JUST a momentary short is needed to start the computer.

it was the switch button, thank you :) 
a b B Homebuilt system
January 24, 2013 8:39:12 PM

try taking out the cmos battery and taking out the memory and putting them backin, than restart ur cpu.

Related resources
!