HELP - nokia 6185 SID-code

Last response: in Brands
April 2, 2005 8:55:22 AM

My phone was stolen and I need to activate my old one
but I have Rogers now and the phone is locked to Telus
I am in Vancouver, BC, Canada
I know how to access the menu etc....
just need the code
Telus reps told me NO-WAY
thank you
rdreko@ @ @ hotmail.com

More about : nokia 6185 sid code

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:55:23 AM

hello, i dont think that you can activate your old cell to your 6185i.
rogers is a gsm provider now, and carry sim card. nokia 6185i is a cdma
phone don't have a sim card. that why your provider said no way.

--
erwin 10-4
April 2, 2005 11:06:52 AM

True
however
my parents are still using a older than 6185 model with Rogers
and this Model (6185) has still better signal than some new once
It is locked to Telus and the signal on this phone is better than my friends
new Samsung GSM model
I had it side by side
It also has a better signal than most siemens phones like 3x better
I am on the road a lot and this phone is great for that
a lot of new phones will drop a call is signal is week
if enyone can help me to unlock this phone it will be great
On top of it by trying to find the code I have learned that I can
even get a beeter signal with a little tweek
and no matter what they say ANALOG is the best if on the road
camping, fishing, etc...