HELP - nokia 6185 SID-code

My phone was stolen and I need to activate my old one
but I have Rogers now and the phone is locked to Telus
I am in Vancouver, BC, Canada
I know how to access the menu etc....
just need the code
Telus reps told me NO-WAY
thank you
rdreko@ @ @ hotmail.com
2 answers Last reply
More about help nokia 6185 code

    hello, i dont think that you can activate your old cell to your 6185i.
    rogers is a gsm provider now, and carry sim card. nokia 6185i is a cdma
    phone don't have a sim card. that why your provider said no way.

    --
    erwin 10-4

    True
    however
    my parents are still using a older than 6185 model with Rogers
    and this Model (6185) has still better signal than some new once
    It is locked to Telus and the signal on this phone is better than my friends
    new Samsung GSM model
    I had it side by side
    It also has a better signal than most siemens phones like 3x better
    I am on the road a lot and this phone is great for that
    a lot of new phones will drop a call is signal is week
    if enyone can help me to unlock this phone it will be great
    On top of it by trying to find the code I have learned that I can
    even get a beeter signal with a little tweek
    and no matter what they say ANALOG is the best if on the road
    camping, fishing, etc...

    "erwin 10-4" <erwin.10-4.1mujoz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > hello, i dont think that you can activate your old cell to your 6185i.
    > rogers is a gsm provider now, and carry sim card. nokia 6185i is a cdma
    > phone don't have a sim card. that why your provider said no way.
    >

    > --
    > erwin 10-4

Nokia Phones