FS 2004 crashes with ATI AIW Pro 8 MB in WinXP

Anyone been able to get Flight Simulator 2004 to work with this or any other
Rage Pro video card? Every time I click Fly Now (only tried the introductory
flight), the loading progress bar goes to 100%, and then I get a blue screen.

I've tried all the suggestions in articles 263039 and 303032, but nothing
has worked. The Safe Mode version with switch -SWREND works fine.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. TIA.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:55:03 -0800, EuroDude wrote:

> Anyone been able to get Flight Simulator 2004 to work with this or any other
> Rage Pro video card? Every time I click Fly Now (only tried the introductory
> flight), the loading progress bar goes to 100%, and then I get a blue screen.
>
> I've tried all the suggestions in articles 263039 and 303032, but nothing
> has worked. The Safe Mode version with switch -SWREND works fine.
>
> Any help would be immensely appreciated. TIA.

The Rage Pro barely meets the minimum requirements even if there were
compatible drivers from ATI for DirectX 8, time to upgrade...

--
All the Best
Katy Pluta

Thanks for replying, Katy. Yes, and it was the fact that it does meet the
minimum reqs (although barely as you point out), that made me try it. Gaming
is not really my thing, so I don't really want to upgrade. But I have some
spare hardware lying around, so if I can get this to work, it would be sweet.

"Katy P." wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:55:03 -0800, EuroDude wrote:
>
> > Anyone been able to get Flight Simulator 2004 to work with this or any other
> > Rage Pro video card? Every time I click Fly Now (only tried the introductory
> > flight), the loading progress bar goes to 100%, and then I get a blue screen.
> >
> > I've tried all the suggestions in articles 263039 and 303032, but nothing
> > has worked. The Safe Mode version with switch -SWREND works fine.
> >
> > Any help would be immensely appreciated. TIA.
>
> The Rage Pro barely meets the minimum requirements even if there were
> compatible drivers from ATI for DirectX 8, time to upgrade...
>
> --
> All the Best
> Katy Pluta

Turns out it works fine with the Rage Pro driver on the WinXP install CD.
The problem occurs when I use the ATI-provided AIW driver required for the TV
tuner to work. So the way I'm getting around it all is with a dual boot.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:25:02 -0800, EuroDude wrote:

> Turns out it works fine with the Rage Pro driver on the WinXP install CD.
> The problem occurs when I use the ATI-provided AIW driver required for the TV
> tuner to work. So the way I'm getting around it all is with a dual boot.

Good to know, thanks for the follow-up...

--
All the Best
Katy Pluta