Sign in with
Your question

New Build won't display anything on screen

Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2013 7:30:46 PM

Hi,

I finished my first ever build about a couple of weeks ago and was so happy to turn it on. Pressed the power button only to find out there's nothing showing on the monitor. So I powered the system on with the chassis open, I noticed 2 red lights on the back of my gpu and 1 red light next to the cpu where it says 'CPU LED'. At first I had a really cheap cit 500u psu, now I have a corsair cx500 and it's still not showing nothing on the monitor when I power on. The system turns on with every fan apart from the gpu's running. Has anyone got any suggestions what I could do? My next action was to change my GPU but before I do that, is there something I haven't done? :(  :sweat: 

My SPECS

CPU: Intel Pentium G860
GPU: Radeon HD 4850
Motherboard: Asus p8p67 PR0 REV 3.0
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue Caviar 500GB
PSU: Corsair CX500

More about : build display screen

January 24, 2013 7:32:50 PM

The monitor is connected to the GPU right?
m
l
January 24, 2013 7:42:33 PM

tiny voices said:
The monitor is connected to the GPU right?

Yh, the GPU is in a PCIe slot and I have the PCIe power cable running from the power supply connected as well.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2013 7:45:44 PM

Does it work if you plug the monitor into the motherboard and remove the video card completely?
m
l
January 24, 2013 7:51:52 PM

tiny voices said:
Does it work if you plug the monitor into the motherboard and remove the video card completely?

This is an intel P67 motherboard, I don't think they come with the integrated GPU enabled, in fact they this particular motherboard doesn't even come with a video output on the I/O at the back. :( 

http://bit.ly/VvV9Um
m
l
January 24, 2013 7:55:34 PM

You said the videocard doesn't power on with the PC correct? The fan doesn't spin at all?
m
l
January 24, 2013 8:05:15 PM

tiny voices said:
You said the videocard doesn't power on with the PC correct? The fan doesn't spin at all?

Well the fan actually spins very briefly when I power on, roughly for about 2 seconds then it stops. I have no idea if the video card is powering on except for the two red lights at the back.
m
l
!