New Build won't display anything on screen

Hi,

I finished my first ever build about a couple of weeks ago and was so happy to turn it on. Pressed the power button only to find out there's nothing showing on the monitor. So I powered the system on with the chassis open, I noticed 2 red lights on the back of my gpu and 1 red light next to the cpu where it says 'CPU LED'. At first I had a really cheap cit 500u psu, now I have a corsair cx500 and it's still not showing nothing on the monitor when I power on. The system turns on with every fan apart from the gpu's running. Has anyone got any suggestions what I could do? My next action was to change my GPU but before I do that, is there something I haven't done? :( :sweat:

My SPECS

CPU: Intel Pentium G860
GPU: Radeon HD 4850
Motherboard: Asus p8p67 PR0 REV 3.0
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue Caviar 500GB
PSU: Corsair CX500
6 answers Last reply
More about build display screen
  1. The monitor is connected to the GPU right?
  2. tiny voices said:
    The monitor is connected to the GPU right?

Yh, the GPU is in a PCIe slot and I have the PCIe power cable running from the power supply connected as well.
  3. Does it work if you plug the monitor into the motherboard and remove the video card completely?
  4. tiny voices said:
    Does it work if you plug the monitor into the motherboard and remove the video card completely?

This is an intel P67 motherboard, I don't think they come with the integrated GPU enabled, in fact they this particular motherboard doesn't even come with a video output on the I/O at the back. :(

http://bit.ly/VvV9Um
  5. You said the videocard doesn't power on with the PC correct? The fan doesn't spin at all?
  6. tiny voices said:
    You said the videocard doesn't power on with the PC correct? The fan doesn't spin at all?

Well the fan actually spins very briefly when I power on, roughly for about 2 seconds then it stops. I have no idea if the video card is powering on except for the two red lights at the back.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems