HELP ME PLS... I need guide in memory

G

got an ECS K7S5A with AMD XP1700+. I used ELIXIR DDR RAM.
in the CPU setting, there is only 2 choice fro me to choose the CPU speed 100Mhz and 133. So i choose 133 rite even though the ram is PC2100. It is not stable when i first use PC133 and set the CPU speed to 133, only work for 100 so i decide to change to DDR ram instead. Maybe this board don't like SDR. I don't overclock and I just try to get advice for the best seting for my syst. Is the setting rite with 133?? because i read there some people have setting up to 166, but my board has only 2 opts. 100 or 133..?
and anyone know is this RAM good with the board, I was told by the salesperson that for this board, this ELIXIR ram work same as AZEN or CRUCIAL. and to get the best setting for this board on the bios what should i put for the speed of ram such as 2T, 3T, or SPD
and for time setting mode.. should i choose Normal, Ultra, or Safe.
anyway I very new and slow, anyone has experience with this board pls tell me your setting and which RAM to do to get the best . by the way I am using winXP and do I need to upgrade the bios? my current bios is V1.0
thank you so much to all

svol

Champion
The 133 MHz setting is the right one for PC2100 RAM and the Athlon XP. You can try if setting the RAM speed to 3T helps and choose Normal for the time setting, but if it still doesn't works then try Safe.
If the problem still isn't fixed you might update the BIOS, there could be a memory fix in it.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
It would probably help to upgrade the BIOS. You probably knew that you can't use DDR and SDR modules at the same time, right! Anyway, your 133Mhz setting for PC2100 DDR is right. You probably have CAS 2.5 RAM (most widely sold), so try adjusting your setting to this latency.

<font color=red>Floppy disk?!? What the heck's a floppy disk?!?</font color=red>