Jimmy White's 2 Cueball

Hi All,
I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do it
before, but now it aint working.

Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
following message:-

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
path to the program that you are trying to start or install
C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

How can I fix this problem, if its possible.

Please email me and let me know
9 answers Last reply
More about jimmy white cueball

    Hi friendsfan_lm,

    Have a look at the information here:
    MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do
    it
    > before, but now it aint working.
    >
    > Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
    > following message:-
    >
    > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    > path to the program that you are trying to start or install
    > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
    running
    > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.
    >
    > How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
    >
    > Please email me and let me know

    thanks patti,

    i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it works.

    I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.

    Rgds

    friendsfan_lm

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi friendsfan_lm,
    >
    > Have a look at the information here:
    > MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > > I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do
    > it
    > > before, but now it aint working.
    > >
    > > Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
    > > following message:-
    > >
    > > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    > > path to the program that you are trying to start or install
    > > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
    > running
    > > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > > application.
    > >
    > > How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
    > >
    > > Please email me and let me know

    You're very welcome :-)

    Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com

    Regards,

    --

    > thanks patti,
    >
    > i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
    works.

    > I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > friendsfan_lm
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi friendsfan_lm,
    > >
    > > Have a look at the information here:
    > > MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > Hi All,
    > > > I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to
    do
    > > it
    > > > before, but now it aint working.
    > > >
    > > > Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting
    the
    > > > following message:-
    > > >
    > > > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    > > > path to the program that you are trying to start or install
    > > > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
    > > running
    > > > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
    the
    > > > application.
    > > >
    > > > How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
    > > >
    > > > Please email me and let me know

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > You're very welcome :-)
    >
    > Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > thanks patti,
    > >
    > > i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
    > works.
    > >
    > > I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
    > >
    > > Rgds
    > >
    > > friendsfan_lm
    > >
    > > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi friendsfan_lm,
    > > >
    > > > Have a look at the information here:
    > > > MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
    > > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    > > >

    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patti MacLeod
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > do
    > > > it

    > the

    > > > running
    > the

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you the
    URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
    deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also think
    that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
    problem.

    Regards,

    --

    > can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > You're very welcome :-)
    > >
    > > Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > thanks patti,
    > > >
    > > > i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
    > > works.
    > > >
    > > > I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
    > > >
    > > > Rgds
    > > >
    > > > friendsfan_lm

    > > message
    > > do

    > > the

    > > the

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.

    I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
    still works. If it does then I should be ok.

    I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
    problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
    adware blocker on.

    What is malware anyway?

    I will keep you informed.

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you the
    > URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
    > deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also think
    > that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
    > problem.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?
    > >
    > > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    > >
    > > > You're very welcome :-)
    > > >
    > > > Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
    > > >

    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patti MacLeod
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message

    > > > works.

    > > > message
    > > > do

    > getting
    > > > the

    > for
    > terminate
    > > > the

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
    adware, spyware, etc.

    Regards,

    --

    > Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
    >
    > I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
    > still works. If it does then I should be ok.
    >
    > I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
    > problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
    > adware blocker on.
    >
    > What is malware anyway?
    >
    > I will keep you informed.
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you
    the
    > > URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
    > > deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also
    think
    > > that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
    > > problem.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to
    happen?

    > > message

    > > getting

    > > for
    > > terminate

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    ok thanks

    well my virus protector is uptodate, so is my spyware and adware, so i
    should be ok.

    i booted my machine ok, re-installed the game ok, did a search for
    windupdate.exe" and found nothing, so it looks like everything is ok.

    Thanks for your assistance.

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
    > adware, spyware, etc.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
    > >
    > > I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
    > > still works. If it does then I should be ok.
    > >
    > > I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
    > > problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
    > > adware blocker on.
    > >
    > > What is malware anyway?
    > >
    > > I will keep you informed.
    > >
    > > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    > >
    > > > According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you
    > the
    > > > URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
    > > > deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also
    > think
    > > > that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
    > > > problem.
    > > >

    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patti MacLeod
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > happen?

    > > > message

    > it

    > in
    > managed

    > > > getting

    > suitable
    > > > for
    > > > terminate

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    You're very welcome for the assistance :-)

    Regards,

    --

    > ok thanks
    >
    > well my virus protector is uptodate, so is my spyware and adware, so i
    > should be ok.
    >
    > i booted my machine ok, re-installed the game ok, did a search for
    > windupdate.exe" and found nothing, so it looks like everything is ok.
    >
    > Thanks for your assistance.
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
    > > adware, spyware, etc.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > > > Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
    > > >
    > > > I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if
    it
    > > > still works. If it does then I should be ok.
    > > >
    > > > I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If
    the
    > > > problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do
    have an
    > > > adware blocker on.
    > > >
    > > > What is malware anyway?
    > > >
    > > > I will keep you informed.