Hi All,
I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do it
before, but now it aint working.

Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
following message:-

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
path to the program that you are trying to start or install
C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

How can I fix this problem, if its possible.

Please email me and let me know

Hi friendsfan_lm,

Have a look at the information here:
MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do
it
> before, but now it aint working.
>
> Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
> following message:-
>
> 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> path to the program that you are trying to start or install
> C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.
>
> How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
>
> Please email me and let me know

thanks patti,

i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it works.

I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.

Rgds

friendsfan_lm

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi friendsfan_lm,
>
> Have a look at the information here:
> MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to do
> it
> > before, but now it aint working.
> >
> > Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting the
> > following message:-
> >
> > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> > path to the program that you are trying to start or install
> > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
> running
> > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> > application.
> >
> > How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
> >
> > Please email me and let me know

You're very welcome :)

Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com

Regards,

--

> thanks patti,
>
> i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
works.

> I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
>
> Rgds
>
> friendsfan_lm
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
>
> > Hi friendsfan_lm,
> >
> > Have a look at the information here:
> > MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > Hi All,
> > > I am having problems loading this game onto my pc. I have managed to
do
> > it
> > > before, but now it aint working.
> > >
> > > Whenever I run the disc, and double click the set-up I keep getting
the
> > > following message:-
> > >
> > > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> > > path to the program that you are trying to start or install
> > > C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
> > running
> > > MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate
the
> > > application.
> > >
> > > How can I fix this problem, if its possible.
> > >
> > > Please email me and let me know

can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> You're very welcome :)
>
> Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks patti,
> >
> > i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
> works.
> >
> > I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
> >
> > Rgds
> >
> > friendsfan_lm
> >
> > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi friendsfan_lm,
> > >
> > > Have a look at the information here:
> > > MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based program Error Message
> > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patti MacLeod
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> do
> > > it

> the

> > > running
> the

According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you the
URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also think
that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
problem.

Regards,

--

> can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
>
> > You're very welcome :)
> >
> > Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > thanks patti,
> > >
> > > i ran the XP_Fix.EXE and tried to install it again, and hey presto it
> > works.
> > >
> > > I presume it has just replaced autoexec.nt and config.nt.
> > >
> > > Rgds
> > >
> > > friendsfan_lm

> > message
> > do

> > the

> > the

Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.

I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
still works. If it does then I should be ok.

I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
adware blocker on.

What is malware anyway?

I will keep you informed.

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you the
> URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
> deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also think
> that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
> problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to happen?
> >
> > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
> >
> > > You're very welcome :)
> > >
> > > Yes, XP_Fix.EXE installs autoexec.nt, config.nt and command.com
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patti MacLeod
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message

> > > works.

> > > message
> > > do

> getting
> > > the

> for
> terminate
> > > the

Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
adware, spyware, etc.

Regards,

--

> Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
>
> I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
> still works. If it does then I should be ok.
>
> I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
> problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
> adware blocker on.
>
> What is malware anyway?
>
> I will keep you informed.
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
>
> > According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you
the
> > URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
> > deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also
think
> > that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
> > problem.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > can those files become easily corrupt then? what causes that to
happen?

> > message

> > getting

> > for
> > terminate

ok thanks

well my virus protector is uptodate, so is my spyware and adware, so i
should be ok.

i booted my machine ok, re-installed the game ok, did a search for
windupdate.exe" and found nothing, so it looks like everything is ok.

Thanks for your assistance.

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
> adware, spyware, etc.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
> >
> > I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if it
> > still works. If it does then I should be ok.
> >
> > I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If the
> > problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do have an
> > adware blocker on.
> >
> > What is malware anyway?
> >
> > I will keep you informed.
> >
> > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
> >
> > > According to the reference "From Ron" on the page for which I posted you
> the
> > > URL, a malware file called windupdate.exe can cause autoexec.nt to be
> > > deleted at every startup/restart. From that information, I would also
> think
> > > that there may be other adware/malware files that can cause the same
> > > problem.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patti MacLeod
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> happen?

> > > message

> it

> in
> managed

> > > getting

> suitable
> > > for
> > > terminate

You're very welcome for the assistance :)

Regards,

--

> ok thanks
>
> well my virus protector is uptodate, so is my spyware and adware, so i
> should be ok.
>
> i booted my machine ok, re-installed the game ok, did a search for
> windupdate.exe" and found nothing, so it looks like everything is ok.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
>
> > Malware is a term that encompasses viruses, trojans, homepage hijackers,
> > adware, spyware, etc.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "friendsfan_lm" <friendsfanlm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > Well i installed the game last night and is working ok.
> > >
> > > I will boot up my machine later, and try to re-install it and see if
it
> > > still works. If it does then I should be ok.
> > >
> > > I will also do a search for windupdate.exe and see if I have that. If
the
> > > problem persists it must be another adware/malware. Although I do
have an
> > > adware blocker on.
> > >
> > > What is malware anyway?
> > >
> > > I will keep you informed.