Hi, I have been researching parts and putting a PC together on pcpartpicker.com for the past couple of weeks and I am mostly done. I just have a few questions about this build. Here is some info first though.
Things I will be doing on the PC include:
● Video Editing / GFX - I will be rendering in real-time for playback while editing in Sony Vegas, After Effects, and Cinema 4D.
● Recording in 1080p HD - I will be recording Minecraft in 1080p with Fraps.
● Gaming - The only game I play on the computer is Minecraft.
● Watching 1080p video.
● Using the SSD as a boot drive with a couple of frequently used programs.
● Maybe hosting a Minecraft server (I have already bought one online, but I might host one off the computer).
I chose a cheap optical drive because all I need it for is to install Windows and maybe burn a CD/DVD.
1. Will any parts bottleneck the others?
2. Any feedback on the parts? (Which ones are not reliable, any better deals, any incompatibilities, etc.)
3. Is the motherboard good enough? (I am pretty set on all the parts except the motherboard. I do not know much about them. What to look for, what makes them good? Any advice would be appreciated.)
4. How many FPS will this build get on Minecraft? (Or how to find out?)
5. Is this build good for a speedy render? (How fast would it take to render a 30 second clip at 1080p?)
6. Is the build good enough to watch 1080p video without lagging?
7. Is the SSD big enough to be used as a boot drive with a couple frequently used programs?
8. Do I need a CPU cooler? (Or is this fine?)
Thanks in advance for the replies. I am really looking forward to building this PC. Also, any input you have is welcome.