6230 GPRS

Last response: in Brands
April 2, 2005 9:45:46 PM

Hi,

I yesterday bought a 6230 on ORANGE Pay as you go, with the
intention of unlocking it and using my Vodafone PAYG sim card.

The phone unlocked no problem, and the sim works fine - however I
cannot establish a GPRS connection.

I went to the vodafone website, and got them to sms me the
service settings, but that still doesnt work.

Is it possible that the phone is still locked in some way to only
allow connection over the ORANGE network?
If so is there any way of resetting the phone completely, ie no
settings or restrictions?

Any help appreciated
TIA

biz
--
www.bizenya.blogspot.com
www.faceparty.com/bizenya

More about : 6230 gprs

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 10:46:48 PM

Did you ACTIVATE the settings you received?
and did you get the settings for PAYGO, as opposed to CONTRACT?

"\¯`·.¸biz¸.·´¯/" <sook@ma.baws.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I yesterday bought a 6230 on ORANGE Pay as you go, with the
> intention of unlocking it and using my Vodafone PAYG sim card.
>
> The phone unlocked no problem, and the sim works fine - however I
> cannot establish a GPRS connection.
>
> I went to the vodafone website, and got them to sms me the
> service settings, but that still doesnt work.
>
> Is it possible that the phone is still locked in some way to only
> allow connection over the ORANGE network?
> If so is there any way of resetting the phone completely, ie no
> settings or restrictions?
>
> Any help appreciated
> TIA
>
> biz
> --
> www.bizenya.blogspot.com
> www.faceparty.com/bizenya

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 12:42:23 AM

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in
message news:D 2mlq8$f4p$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Did you ACTIVATE the settings you received?
> and did you get the settings for PAYGO, as opposed to CONTRACT?

Yes and Yes.
Followed Manual instructions, then tried with both sets of
service settings sent from the website.

Just wondering if Orange have a policy of locking the GPRS, as
they are pretty notorious for keeping the handsets they supply
strictly for Orange users 9and that annoying little Orange logo
on the back of the handset HAS to go, lol)

cheers
biz

> "\¯`·.¸biz¸.·´¯/" <sook@ma.baws.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I yesterday bought a 6230 on ORANGE Pay as you go, with the
> > intention of unlocking it and using my Vodafone PAYG sim
card.

> > The phone unlocked no problem, and the sim works fine -
however I
> > cannot establish a GPRS connection.
> >
> > I went to the vodafone website, and got them to sms me the
> > service settings, but that still doesnt work.
> >
> > Is it possible that the phone is still locked in some way to
only
> > allow connection over the ORANGE network?
> > If so is there any way of resetting the phone completely, ie
no
> > settings or restrictions?
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> > TIA
> >
> > biz
> > --
> > www.bizenya.blogspot.com
> > www.faceparty.com/bizenya

April 5, 2005 12:23:54 AM

Mmmnnn. Dunno then in that case.
Sorry I couldn't be of help.

:-(

> "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in
> message news:D 2mlq8$f4p$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Did you ACTIVATE the settings you received?
> > and did you get the settings for PAYGO, as opposed to CONTRACT?
>
> Yes and Yes.
> Followed Manual instructions, then tried with both sets of
> service settings sent from the website.
>
> Just wondering if Orange have a policy of locking the GPRS, as
> they are pretty notorious for keeping the handsets they supply
> strictly for Orange users 9and that annoying little Orange logo
> on the back of the handset HAS to go, lol)
>
> cheers
> biz
> >

> > "\¯`·.¸biz¸.·´¯/" <sook@ma.baws.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I yesterday bought a 6230 on ORANGE Pay as you go, with the
> > > intention of unlocking it and using my Vodafone PAYG sim
> card.
> > >
> > > The phone unlocked no problem, and the sim works fine -
> however I
> > > cannot establish a GPRS connection.
> > >
> > > I went to the vodafone website, and got them to sms me the
> > > service settings, but that still doesnt work.
> > >
> > > Is it possible that the phone is still locked in some way to
> only
> > > allow connection over the ORANGE network?
> > > If so is there any way of resetting the phone completely, ie
> no
> > > settings or restrictions?
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > biz
> > > --
> > > www.bizenya.blogspot.com
> > > www.faceparty.com/bizenya

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 1:26:41 AM

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:42:23 +0100, "\\¯`·.¸biz¸.·´¯/"
<sook@ma.baws.net> wrote:

>"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in
>message news:D 2mlq8$f4p$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Did you ACTIVATE the settings you received?
>> and did you get the settings for PAYGO, as opposed to CONTRACT?
>
>Yes and Yes.
>Followed Manual instructions, then tried with both sets of
>service settings sent from the website.
>
>Just wondering if Orange have a policy of locking the GPRS, as
>they are pretty notorious for keeping the handsets they supply
>strictly for Orange users 9and that annoying little Orange logo
>on the back of the handset HAS to go, lol)

i've got an orange 6230, using it on o2 perfectly with gprs for wap
and internet. as for the logo on the back, buy a new fascia. ;-)
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:52:22 AM

Or should that be " a new REARscia :-)

!