How do you get RAW files to display in XP?

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 19, 2005 1:45:59 PM

Hi All,

My friend is able to view thumbnails in XP for his RAW files, yet he can't
remember how he done it, does anyone out there know how to achieve this?
Thanks
Ross

More about : raw files display

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:46:00 PM

"Mac Tabak" <yertiz@dreckly.com> wrote in message
news:D e467f$u4s$1@newsm1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi All,
>
> My friend is able to view thumbnails in XP for his RAW files, yet he can't
> remember how he done it, does anyone out there know how to achieve this?
> Thanks
> Ross

1) go to www.google.com
2) type in "raw xp support", click search
3) read
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:38:24 PM

Depending on the camera Google for "display raw in windows xp"

"Mac Tabak" <yertiz@dreckly.com> wrote in message
news:D e467f$u4s$1@newsm1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi All,
>
> My friend is able to view thumbnails in XP for his RAW files, yet he can't
> remember how he done it, does anyone out there know how to achieve this?
> Thanks
> Ross

August 19, 2005 11:17:51 PM

Mac Tabak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My friend is able to view thumbnails in XP for his RAW files, yet he can't
> remember how he done it, does anyone out there know how to achieve this?
> Thanks
> Ross

Microsoft have a RAW viewer "power tool" you can download and install
for free.

--
Douglas,
You never really make it on the 'net

"pixby" <pixby_douglas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Mac Tabak wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My friend is able to view thumbnails in XP for his RAW files, yet he
>> can't remember how he done it, does anyone out there know how to achieve
>> this?
>> Thanks
>> Ross
>>

> Microsoft have a RAW viewer "power tool" you can download and install for
> free.

Only supports Canon and Nikon. Others are available though.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:07:41 AM

There's also a program you can download from the Nikon site. That's where I
got mine.

news:D e47eu02pen@news3.newsguy.com...

!