Sign in with
Your question

New build

Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2013 10:46:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I know I have already made a post like this one, but I got some change in plan and a new question.

The build I have made plans for will be this one ( will get a nice income in the next months and wanna be sure to what I'll buy) :

- Motherboard : ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS C602 EEB Dual LGA2011
- Memory : 2x Corsair XMS3 Dominator DHX+ 32GB 4X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10-10-10-27 XMP Quad Channel Memory Kit
- Graphics : 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 690 915MHZ 4GB GDDR5
- System Drive : 2x Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB SATA3 2.5in 6GB/S LAMD LM87800 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD
- Data Drive : 2x Seagate Constellation ES.2 2TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Disk Driv
- CPU : 2x Intel Xeon E5 2650 8 Core 2.0GHZ LGA2011 20MB 8.0 GT/S 95W Romley Processor
- CPU cooling : 2x Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
- Casing : Cooler Master Cosmos II XL-ATX Ultra Tower Case
- PSU : already got this one, but its a Toughpower XT Gold 1475W

Questions :
1 - Will everything be compatible with each other or will I get problems with some things I may have missed (exept for the fact that I can have better RAM than these) ?

2- Will I have enough power for all those parts ? This is the biggest question I may have for now. (the PSU can get from 87-93 % efficiency so I think this is nice, but dont know if it's enough.

More about : build

January 25, 2013 12:08:57 AM

What are you using this pc for? I highly doubt you will need 2 cpus, unless you are running a server. But if you were running a server, you wouldn't have 2 690's.
m
l
January 25, 2013 3:50:50 AM

Damn Quad GPU and 2 CPUs, what is this build for?
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2013 9:18:25 AM

please I would like to have some answers to my questions and not questions about how and what I'll use this PC for, I just happen to have some plans for future use and have the money for it, that's all, I'm not gonna explain more than that.
m
l
January 25, 2013 10:31:30 AM

DarkNAangel said:
please I would like to have some answers to my questions and not questions about how and what I'll use this PC for, I just happen to have some plans for future use and have the money for it, that's all, I'm not gonna explain more than that.

Well then we can't help you. We won't be able to answer your questions. Tell us what the PC is for, or almost everything we say is gonna be BS. If this is anything but a server, the two xeon are quiet literally pointless. Why all the secrecy. You realize there are a ton of different kinds of PC? All of them have their own specifications that need to be met, and of you don't tell us we can't help you. Big plans for the future mean nothing. An i7 3770k is more than enough to run two 690's for games. If your aren't gaming or photo editing, then it is pointless. It seems like you are trying to make every kind of PC in one. Just tell us what you are doing with it so we can actually help you not waste thousands of dollars. For what you have in this system, it would only make sense it ran a server while you animated.
m
l
January 25, 2013 10:26:29 PM

ok good to hear everything will be fine, and I must appologies for the answer this morning, just had some probleme with the water (everything's frozen and the pipe's busted, city guys are working on it), what I meant was that I don't wanna give a long explanation on what I'll do with it and I know it is overkill for the use I'll have. Simply speaking, I might be trying to do a little of everything with the same PC, my GF work with 3D and some other multimedia things, I love music, film, and mostly gaming, might even host a little server of some games maybe later, but the most part I want a PC that will still work more than fine in a few years without changing anything in it. So yeah, it's overkill and I would be ok with a build that cost less money, but I might get the cash for this beast and I wanted to check if everything will be fine as it is, I got 3-4 different build depending on the amount of money I got when I'll buy it, this one is the most expensive of them all.

That's almost all, I've been reading and asking questions from time to time, preparing the next build cautiously, taking my time, and taking all the info I can get, thanks anyway to all for the answers.
m
l
January 25, 2013 10:45:27 PM

I don't think I would get two cpu's. That is only necessary if you professionally host servers. That is my biggest problem with the build. I don't want you to waste money on 8 cores you will never use. Honestly I would downgrade to 1155 with an i7. But if you really want to go all out, you can. Also 2 7970ghz editions would be more than enough for any game. But you seem like you don't care that much about price per performance at this point. If you have a lot of money coming in, it's better to try and save it though.
m
l
!