Radeon 7850 not working properly

Gandhiswingman

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hi

I recently just spent a fair bit of money on a Radeon 7850 hoping it would improve my fps a considerable amount, considering my previous card was a gts 450. I went on Fallout 3 just to try it out, with the gts i could play on high at 1080p with solid 60fps. When i go on it now with the radeon with the exact same settings I get 10fps. Maybe I've set up something wrong I dont know whats up with it? Could anyone help? or got any suggestions?

My CPU is an FX-4170 @4.2
RAM: 8GB
PSU: 600w

Thanks

liivahiir

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Likely that it's a sofware problem. When installing new drivers, always roll back or delete the previous ones or widows will still try to go and use them.

I've had this problem with a new graphics card, not sure if you're having the same thing right now.

It doesn't hurt of course to install a GPU monitoring application like gpuz to see if everything is ok.

Good luck!

Gandhiswingman

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for your replies

I have completely removed the Nvidia drivers and installed the latest AMD ones but there is only a slight difference, in some games it's worse, I got a few more FPS in Fallout but when I go on Hitman Absolution using the exact same settings I used with the GTS i get 6 fps. And I D/L GPU-Z and it isnt reporting any faults, the core and memory speeds are running as it said on the box and website