Sign in with
Your question

Older mac computers

Last response: in Systems
January 24, 2013 11:23:27 PM

I am looking to test out the mac os x but I am not looking to drop a grand on something I may or may not like. I am looking into buying an iBook g4 or something similar from that time. It will not be my main computer, only one to try out the mac os x on, as I just bought a new dell inspiron. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

More about : older mac computers

January 26, 2013 12:58:46 AM

I see G3/G4 I-Macs on Craigslist quite frequently. Depending on your area, that would be the first place to look. I used to have a Mac Mini and it was pretty reasonably priced. It cost around $500 brand new and was pretty powerful. Apple still makes them, but if you don't want a brand new Mac Mini, you could probably find one on Ebay for a very reasonable price. They are very small profile desktops and they make great home theater pcs because of their very small size. Also, it may be possible to install Mac OS X (legally purchased) on your regular Windows PC. There are a number of online tutorials for how to do this. I have never attempted it.
m
l
January 26, 2013 1:19:07 AM

dragonlord12832 said:
I see G3/G4 I-Macs on Craigslist quite frequently. Depending on your area, that would be the first place to look. I used to have a Mac Mini and it was pretty reasonably priced. It cost around $500 brand new and was pretty powerful. Apple still makes them, but if you don't want a brand new Mac Mini, you could probably find one on Ebay for a very reasonable price. They are very small profile desktops and they make great home theater pcs because of their very small size. Also, it may be possible to install Mac OS X (legally purchased) on your regular Windows PC. There are a number of online tutorials for how to do this. I have never attempted it.

Thank you very much!
m
l
!