cd emulation in xp

i have a slightly older game which plays mostly from the cd (d:). i recently
downloaded a patch which entered a line in my sys.ini file directing windows
to emulate a cd when engaging the patch files stored in my computer.

upon further investigation, xp help files say those additions to the sys.ini
file won't work to make the patch operable.

is there a work around for this?

Ok:

1. What game?
2. What patch?
3. sys.ini? Nothing. Windows XP doesn't come with a sys.ini. There is a
system.ini, but I don't see why your game would use it and it doesn't
have anything to do with CD emulation.

Explain your problem better so that you can receive help.

stur8up1 wrote:
> i have a slightly older game which plays mostly from the cd (d:). i
recently
> downloaded a patch which entered a line in my sys.ini file directing
windows
> to emulate a cd when engaging the patch files stored in my computer.
>
> upon further investigation, xp help files say those additions to the
sys.ini
> file won't work to make the patch operable.
>
> is there a work around for this?

there is no file named sys.ini in windows
there are files name system.ini , boot.ini and win.ini which maintains
the startup programs and various other system loading options

--
cinestar
cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510