Your question

Gtx 660 No Signal

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 9, 2012 10:18:06 PM

Hello... I'm new here but as far as i know this is the right place to ask questions and read stuff about pc... So i will go straight to my problem.. Bought new Nvidia gtx 660 hooked up turned on pc but got "No Signal" on TV through HDMI. Graphics cards fan works.. PSU is 600w so it shouldn't be the problem. All cables are connected as they should be. Tried like 20 solutions but nothing works... Please help...

More about : gtx 660 signal

December 9, 2012 10:50:26 PM

I have a similar issue. Nvidia gtx 660 ti FTW edition, all I get is the D6 error, and absolutely no input to my monitor. I've looked for an option to disable the integrated graphics (I5-3570k) on my UEFI bios (AsRock Extreme6) but could not find one. Tried disabling intel hd 4000 graphics from the device menus on the control panel, uninstalling the intel drivers, I've looked through the bios for anything to do like 10 times, I've thought about maybe downloading the drivers first? Maybe that would help it be recognized? But no one says to do that, they all say you do it after...

I'm a little lost here as well. Maybe we have the same solution?
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2012 11:11:53 PM

First things first, Go to the NVIDIA or where ever you got your GPU and update the drives.

(kinda a newby thing im almost sure this is not your problem)
But make sure that your monitor is fully plugged in and its plugged in to the GPU not the MOBO's connectors

And make sure that if its plugged into the HDMI you are on the HDMI source on your moniter.

3 easy things that you just might want to check and make sure your not overlooking anything

Good Luck!
Related resources
December 9, 2012 11:28:42 PM

Well the thing with those drivers is that - what's the point of them if i can't install them? You know... I can't see anything and without graphics card in to pc i can't install/ update them.
December 9, 2012 11:52:54 PM

Can GPU drivers be installed without the GPU present in the system?
December 11, 2012 5:38:49 AM

The NVidia drivers won't install without the hardware installed. (Just tried.)

So, I have to find a way to get the system to work with the graphics card first before I can install the drivers. I've tried VGA output (the card comes with an adapter), and HDMI, and neither have put through to the monitor.

I've tested the card in 2 different PCI slots, so it's unlikely that all the slots on my motherboard are dead.

The GPU turns on, (I see the fan turn, so it seems to get power just fine?).

I've uninstalled the Intel HD 4000 drivers on my computer.

I've attempted to find a place to disable the graphics completely in the UEFI bios, but have had no luck. (AsRock Extreme6 Z77 mobo) Though I saw that the bios had "dedicated" set to main graphics.
I've disabled the Intel graphics through the devices menu in control panel, but I'm not sure it keeps that option in place, considering when I looked at it a second time after reboot, it was in place again.

This is my first computer build, so I'm definitely new, but after RMA'ing my mobo and cpu on my first attempt, I've had no problems now with my new ones and the build in general until trying to add the GPU.

Btw, monitor source was definitely set to the correct inputs. I'm not that bad. ;) 

Everytime I try to boot though, same thing happens. I get a D6 error, and no input to the monitor. Any ideas?
December 11, 2012 7:34:54 AM

Mietish said:
Hello... I'm new here but as far as i know this is the right place to ask questions and read stuff about pc... So i will go straight to my problem.. Bought new Nvidia gtx 660 hooked up turned on pc but got "No Signal" on TV through HDMI. Graphics cards fan works.. PSU is 600w so it shouldn't be the problem. All cables are connected as they should be. Tried like 20 solutions but nothing works... Please help...

Have you tried using a different cable to make sure it isn't faulty?
December 11, 2012 9:00:36 AM

Hey Mietish, I'm not sure if you have an AsRock mobo, but it turns out this is a common problem for them. Just update your bios, and you'll be fine. I was lucky enough to find a solution on a different thread, and now I'm working great. So if you haven't updated your mobo bios, do it. Just be careful about it. Dangerous stuff.
December 11, 2012 4:55:38 PM

Already updated mobo bios... Still doesn't work. Connected HDMI only in Onboard Graphics went in to BIOS and chose that PC only reads Onboard Graphics. Turned off PC and inserted Nvidia and the HDMI cable connected only in to Onboard Graphics and with Nvidia Graphics Card everything worked of course only with HDMI connected in to Onboard Graphics. Okay restarted PC went in to BIOS and changed so that pc reads only Graphics Card and changed HDMI cable to Nvidia card, turned on PC but still no Signal, kinda weird that only Onboard works.
December 3, 2013 11:08:01 PM

peterc15 said:
The NVidia drivers won't install without the hardware installed. (Just tried.)

So, I have to find a way to get the system to work with the graphics card first before I can install the drivers. I've tried VGA output (the card comes with an adapter), and HDMI, and neither have put through to the monitor.

I've tested the card in 2 different PCI slots, so it's unlikely that all the slots on my motherboard are dead.

The GPU turns on, (I see the fan turn, so it seems to get power just fine?).

I've uninstalled the Intel HD 4000 drivers on my computer.

I've attempted to find a place to disable the graphics completely in the UEFI bios, but have had no luck. (AsRock Extreme6 Z77 mobo) Though I saw that the bios had "dedicated" set to main graphics.
I've disabled the Intel graphics through the devices menu in control panel, but I'm not sure it keeps that option in place, considering when I looked at it a second time after reboot, it was in place again.

This is my first computer build, so I'm definitely new, but after RMA'ing my mobo and cpu on my first attempt, I've had no problems now with my new ones and the build in general until trying to add the GPU.

Btw, monitor source was definitely set to the correct inputs. I'm not that bad. ;) 

Everytime I try to boot though, same thing happens. I get a D6 error, and no input to the monitor. Any ideas?

hey dude please are you still there i had the same exact problem i know 1 year has passed now so i wanted to ask you if you fixed it, i have exactly exactly the same problem the fan works and all but no signal but when i put connect the cable to the intel graphic card it works