nokia 7600,unlocking?

Last response: in Brands
April 3, 2005 12:01:32 AM

Richard Colton Wrote:
> "aveit" aveit.1mv5fi@news.cellbanter.com wrote in message
>
> hi ive just gave three a months notice to cancel my contract with
> them,and i was wondering if i can now have my nokia 7600 unblocked to
> any network so i can revert to a pay as you go sim?-
>
> Which network? Although the 7600 can be unlocked with any of the free
> calculators you'll also need to have it properly factory reset to
> reveal the
> hidden network mode menu (assuming it was supplied by 3 in the UK) if
> you
> want it to work properly.
>
> -----
> Unlock Your Phone's Potential
> www.uselessinfo.org.uk
> www.thephonelocker.co.uk
> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk ---
had phone unblocked today,the guy showed it me working with a vodafone
sim,ive put my 3 sim back into the phone and its ok.i was thinking of
selling the phone as soon as i recieve my puk code from 3 and i chose
another contract phone.if i decide to keep phone and get a pay as you
go sim on say vodafone will i have to get vodafone to help me connect
to their wap settings for vodafone live etc?

--
aveit

More about : nokia 7600 unlocking

Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:35:15 PM

"aveit" <aveit.1mw2rj@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

> Richard Colton Wrote:
>> "aveit" aveit.1mv5fi@news.cellbanter.com wrote in message
>>
>> hi ive just gave three a months notice to cancel my contract with
>> them,and i was wondering if i can now have my nokia 7600 unblocked to
>> any network so i can revert to a pay as you go sim?-
>>
>> Which network? Although the 7600 can be unlocked with any of the free
>> calculators you'll also need to have it properly factory reset to
>> reveal the
>> hidden network mode menu (assuming it was supplied by 3 in the UK) if
>> you
>> want it to work properly.
>>
> had phone unblocked today,the guy showed it me working with a vodafone

Vodafone don't currently authenticate access to their 3G network, but if you
need to use an Orange or possibly T-Mobile SIM in the phone you will have
problems unless you can lock the phone down to 2.5G.

> sim,ive put my 3 sim back into the phone and its ok.i was thinking of
> selling the phone as soon as i recieve my puk code from 3

Do you mean the PAC code to port your number out?

> and i chose
> another contract phone.if i decide to keep phone and get a pay as you
> go sim on say vodafone will i have to get vodafone to help me connect
> to their wap settings for vodafone live etc?

You should be able to enter the details yourself, but it may be easier to
ask Vodafone to send them OTA to the handset.

--
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
!