Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Low Frames On a Gtx 550, With Stock Dell 570 Inspiron?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2012 11:32:30 PM

Hello, I installed a GTX 550, and Upon installation and first look, It seems to be getting worst frames than my old Graphics Card, Radeon 6670.

My Radeon 6670 is a low-end card, and definitely does not out match a GTX 550. But for some reason, I receive WORSE frames than a Radeon 6670.

My Specs:
Dell Inspiron 570 - Stock Mother Board
4gb Ram
630w PSU
Gtx 550 ti (asus)
AMD Anthlon x2 250 3.0 ghz

When I talked to my friend about this issue, we decided it could be the MotherBoard bottle necking the GPU, but another possibility is the CPU.
Upon that note, we don't know.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 1:38:38 AM

It is most likely the CPU, motherboards only really bottleneck in overclocking scenarios. As long as it has a full PCIe x16 slot, performance is generally the same. Your CPU is old, you should upgrade it to something with more cores, a newer architecture, and a slightly higher speed. Depending on the game, Nvidia also has PhysX and other features of the card that the card mostly handles, but the cpu may assist with, further putting stress on your ages CPU.
December 10, 2012 2:44:40 AM

scorpinock2 said:
It is most likely the CPU, motherboards only really bottleneck in overclocking scenarios. As long as it has a full PCIe x16 slot, performance is generally the same. Your CPU is old, you should upgrade it to something with more cores, a newer architecture, and a slightly higher speed. Depending on the game, Nvidia also has PhysX and other features of the card that the card mostly handles, but the cpu may assist with, further putting stress on your ages CPU.

Are you sure it could be the CPU? I mean, upon googling my own motherboard, it could be, if not older than the CPU itself. The Dell Inspiron 570 Stock Motherboard is a very basic motherboard.
Score
Related resources
a c 198 U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 6:41:53 AM

Its probably the CPU. Its a bit slow.

That being said, what games are you playing?
Score
December 10, 2012 12:53:31 PM

Best answer selected by geeksud.
Score
!