Pc STILL blackscreening in more graphically demanding games

Delsin

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
SPECS: gigabyte -x58a-oc i7-960 12gb ram gtx 570 60 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 4 case fans

for months now if i played a game too graphically demanding, my screen will go black, my sound stutters, and my gpu's fans go to 100%.

so far, ive tried reinstalling windows, RMA'd the graphics card, checked my ram, bought a new heatsink(nothing is overheating), underclocking my card, dusting everything, making sure all cables are connected right, and having my 750w power supply replaced.

the only thing i can think of now is that my motherboard is failing. i built this computer a year ago, and up until october it was working fine. been dealing with this issue ever since.
any help?

Delsin

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
the model is an nvidia EVGA geforce gtx 570 1.5gb
the highest temp ive seen it reach playing borderlands 2, or skyrim(the 2 games that it happens the most in) is about 80c

start with the mb bios. make sure it up to date. use cpu-z make sure the ram running at it rated speed and timing.look at the spd tab. make sure in the bios achi mode is on and ram running at xmp profile. check that the ram and cpu running at At a 1:1 ratio. download msi afterburner make sure the gpu fan turns on 100 percent at 50-70c temp.

Sooth1

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010

80 degrees is a little warm, but nothing to worry about as a max (not average) temp.

What PSU are you using?

mrmez

Splendid
80c is not hot for a GPU. Many will run close to or over 100c. The s/ware will try control the fan for 80 under load. Noise vs Heat.
CPU's run cooler tho. They usually restart completely, no hanging etc.

Sounds like it's the motherboard if you have replaced everything else.

To diagnose the problem you really need another system in spare parts. Then swap one component out at a time till you isolate the problem.

HAVE FUN!!!!!
/sarcasm.

Say what you want about Mac's, but I switched our 2 businesses over ~4 years ago and to date our 13 devices have had zero h/ware failures or issues (touch wood).
Running PC's before, i once replace 2 systems' PSU's in one week. I also had a PC test bed out the back to swap components in and out. It gets useless as slots and sockets are upgraded over time.
It can be fun to mess around with your own system, but I'm not in IT, I've got real work to do ;)
Only reason I joined Toms years ago was to diagnose shop built systems that were always giving dramas.

Delsin

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
well, ive tested another graphics card, using a gts 240? and it didnt seem to happen(granted, its not very capable of running those games these days) does that say anything?