So My friend is really into high end video editing. He has a computer he has used for the past 5 years, but he says it takes him too long to render stuff. He came to me with a budget of $3500 for just the PC. I tried to get him an amazing rendering and gaming PC for as cheap as possible. Any thoughts on what I came up with?
- Replaced the dual Agilities with a single drive, there's just no point RAID0'ing SSD's. Might as well just get a bigger drive and leave yourself a spare SATA port.
- No sound card, only needs this if he already has a significant audio setup.
- Different PSU, no point paying an extra $50 for Platinum efficiency, quite simply the 5% greater efficiency wont lead to $50 savings in the lifespan of the machine.
- Windows 8 over 7, no reason to pick an old OS in a new build. And you dont need a professional version to have 16GB+ of RAM.
- Speaking of, changed the RAM. Lower profile and better colour co-ordinated with the mobo.
-Changed the HDD, WD has no well priced 2TB drives on the market. Seagate Barracudas are $50 cheaper and just as good.
- Got a Sapphire Vapor-X 7970Ghz instead of that ASUS Matrix, way overpriced for what it offers.
You can use the extra $600 in the budget to buy some good monitors, new mouse/keyboard/speaker set, new desk or whatever else may be useful.