High overclocks only available on TRIXX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys, here's my problem, I'm sportin a Sapphire Radeon 7750, and I've been overclocking with TRIXX.

This card handles some massive overclocks, the stock core and memory clocks are 800mhz and 1125 and I've been running the card with no problems (other than 85c temps) at 1125mhz and 1406mhz.

The problem is, I use MSI afterburner to display temps in game with the OSD option, and TRIXX to overclock. Naturally, I'd like to use only afterburner in that situation, but it will only let me take the clocks to 925mhz and 1250mhz.

For some reason, TRIXX is the only program that lets me set clocks above those. I'd like to consolidate everything into just afterburner, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Breaz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hello Bl00dy

I am running 2 6950 with rivatuner and Asus GPU Tweak and have both unlocked and overclockd to 985 MHZ and OSD enabled. I have tried trixx and afterburner, Asus GPU TweaK is the one i use and like the most.

regards

I tried the config thing with afterburner and it gave me nothing but trouble

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

I tried that, and MSI still caps me lower on the core speed and only lets me go to 1040mhz :pfff:

Also, it's no good because even when I enable voltage control MSI doesn't let me change the voltage at all for some reason.

Do you know of anything else I can use to display GPU info during games?

Thanks!

maybe Riva tuner since it is what Afterburner is based on.

I have never actually used the onscreen for more then a few min(just wanted to see the stats).

I use GPU-Z to make charts of starts for video cards, but that is about it

This was a test of the latest Nvidia beta driver in media center. Its good(less card clock up and downs while watching video) :)
http://imageshack.us/a/img211/3241/nvidiamediacenter.png

GPU-Z just gives data, you have to import it to make a chart.

Asus gpu tweak is the one to use. I did have to go to a previous version to get the "extreme clocks" checkbox for my sapphire 6950 toxic, but it works great. custom fan profiles that stick, unlike Trixx, gpu temp/usage charts, and it also includes GPUz.

Http://promos.asus.com/US/GPUTweak/

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

What version did you use?

Also I couldn't setup the OSD on riva, but thanks nuke ;)

I THINK I am using 2.2.6, because 2.2.8 didn't have the feature. I'll have to look when I get home from work. They still list "unlocked clocks" as a feature, so I would try the newest version first anyway. They've had 3 new ones since then. Might just have been that version, or with my card.

Http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=gpu%20tweak&p=9&s=13&os=30&hashedid=n

Edit: looks like 2.2.8 was to add windows 8 support. That might explain it. Maybe they couldn't get it working on 8 at the time

bl00dyMurd3r

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Meh, I give up. Still had limits in that version. My card just doesn't play nice :p

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.