Desperately need help with on-board driver problems

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I'll start off by giving the name of the on-board graphics: ATI Radeon 2100 On-board 256MB

So i installed windows XP from a CD i have because the PC was screwed and could not start in anything other than safe mode and i couldn't do a system restore (The PC had vista before) and downloaded and installed all the drivers from the acer website and the video card driver from AMD website and everything works except i have problems with the video card driver.

When i open minecraft if gives me a error message saying:
"Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode. This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers."

I typed in run "dxdiag" and under display everything shows "N/A" and it says in the box below
"The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

So it's pretty obvious the video card drivers are not right but i'm 100% sure i downloaded the proper drivers from the AMD website and i tried the "auto detect" download from AMD but when i open the program it just flashes and doesn't open.

This is the driver i installed: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-xp.aspx

PC SPECS

Acer Aspire® M1200-E1521A
Integraded ATI Radeon 2100 On-board 256MB Display
foxxcon rs740dvf
Windows vista™ Home Premium (changed to windows xp on my bros PC)
2GB DDR2 Memory Ram
320GB Hitachi SATA Hard Drive
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30ghz 89W TDP AM2 SOCKET
Power Supply Industry Standard 250 Watt

I FIGURED IT OUT BUT THANKS!