How's this for my first self-built system?

For lots of gaming an' capturing with FRAPS.

Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD3H
PSU: Cooler Master GX Series 750W
CPU: Intel i5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
Boot/App Drive: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
Data Drive: OCZ Solid 3 480GB (FRAPS will be recording to here)
Data Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
RAM: Kingston HyperX Red 8GB (Or 16GB if I decide to use this for Adobe After Effects an' Sony Vegas Pro)
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 2GB (Will be upgrading to GTX 690)
ROM: ASUS 3D Blu-ray DVD combo
OS: Win 7 64bit Home

Thoughts?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about self built system
  1. MisterMazo said:
    For lots of gaming an' capturing with FRAPS.

    Case: NZXT Tempest 410 Elite
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD3H
    PSU: Cooler Master GX Series 750W
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
    Boot/App Drive: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
    Data Drive: OCZ Solid 3 480GB (FRAPS will be recording to here)
    Data Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Red 8GB (Or 16GB if I decide to use this for Adobe After Effects an' Sony Vegas Pro)
    GPU: EVGA GTX 680 2GB (Will be upgrading to GTX 690)
    ROM: ASUS 3D Blu-ray DVD combo
    OS: Win 7 64bit Home

    Thoughts?

    Thanks.

    i wouldnt get that psu, i would have thought any ssd was overkill for recording fraps, dunno about the h60 either will be noiser than a decent air cooler
  2. jasont78 said:
    i wouldnt get that psu, i would have thought any ssd was overkill for recording fraps, dunno about the h60 either will be noiser than a decent air cooler

    So, which PSU would you recommend? I prefer 750W.

    I currently record FRAPS onto a 1TB HDD RAID0. I get a brief spike lag here an' there for various reasons. Most people wouldn't think anything of it if they were to see the footage, or even notice it. I'd rather record onto an SSD then move the files to the HDD for editing. But the SSD isn't very practical for my purposes, you're right. It's just what I want.

    I like the cooler.

    Thanks for the reply.

    =^)
  3. MisterMazo said:
    So, which PSU would you recommend? I prefer 750W.

    I currently record FRAPS onto a 1TB HDD RAID0. I get a brief spike lag here an' there for various reasons. Most people wouldn't think anything of it if they were to see the footage, or even notice it. I'd rather record onto an SSD then move the files to the HDD for editing. But the SSD isn't very practical for my purposes, you're right. It's just what I want.

    I like the cooler.

    Thanks for the reply.

    =^)

    corsair season or antec would be my choices as you have some expensive gear in there
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems