Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need a review on GT 630M 1gb for gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 10, 2012 3:56:14 AM

Im planning on buying a HP dv6t-7000 for school and gaming and i have it customized with and i5-2450m, GT 630m 1gb,and 6gb RAM. i'd like to know if the 630m with the other parts is good enough to play games like BF3, Skyrim, TF2, and Borderlands 2 on medium to high setting no AA with about 28fps. pls dont reply with "GT 630m is to weak to play any games on any settings"

More about : review 630m 1gb gaming

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b α HP
December 10, 2012 4:04:48 AM

Should be able to play BF3 with lowest setttings.

HP dv6t-7000 with GT 630m is terrible performance for its price.
Share
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
December 10, 2012 4:07:30 AM

Here i have this link on your other post too, where you asked about it vs the 650m.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.637...

Scroll down and you can see all the FPS for each game and on what settings... Just fyi the 650m is about 50%-90% faster.

Battlefield3: medium settings - 23 fps (no) ---- low settings - 39 fps (yes)

Skyrim: medium settings - 32 fps (yes)

Boarderlands 2: medium settings - 40 fps (yes)

TF2 isn't in the list. SO to answer your question none of them will play on high settings at that FPS. Skyrim and boarderlands will play on medium and BF3 only on low.


Score
0
Related resources
December 10, 2012 4:13:39 AM

Derza10 said:
Here i have this link on your other post too, where you asked about it vs the 650m.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.637...

Scroll down and you can see all the FPS for each game and on what settings... Just fyi the 650m is about 50%-90% faster.

ive noticed that notebookcheck's fps scores arent entirely accurate because theyve said that intel HD 4000 can play sleeping dogs on any setting but ive seen ppl with tht gpu play it on medium/low and get 35fps+ at 720p
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
December 10, 2012 4:18:17 AM

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Sleeping-Dogs-Benchmarked....

shows the HD 4000 getting 32 fps avg on lowest settings... so not sure what you mean... Sure it can get higher than 32 fps but most of the time it will be say in the 22-42 fps range.

So fluctuating in and out of playable framerates.
Score
0
December 10, 2012 4:32:32 AM

Derza10 said:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Sleeping-Dogs-Benchmarked....

shows the HD 4000 getting 32 fps avg on lowest settings... so not sure what you mean... Sure it can get higher than 32 fps but most of the time it will be say in the 22-42 fps range.

So fluctuating in and out of playable framerates.

i see ppl usign msi after burner to overclock the 63m and they say that it performs at the level of a 650m but they say it can damage your card with excess heat so is it safe to do that if i have a cooling pad
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b α HP
December 10, 2012 4:35:13 AM

It won't perform the same as GT 650m.

You can lessen the gap, but the 2 card is just too different.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
December 10, 2012 2:05:24 PM

Sarutobi0997 said:
i see ppl usign msi after burner to overclock the 63m and they say that it performs at the level of a 650m but they say it can damage your card with excess heat so is it safe to do that if i have a cooling pad


And you could also overclock the 650m. If the 630m is all you can afford then get it, just don't expect it to last you more than a year or so at playable framerates( assuming you want to play newly released games in that time).
Score
0
January 30, 2013 9:34:28 PM

Best answer selected by Sarutobi0997.
Score
0
!