Where to buy Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96

G

I just read the review of the Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 card and it looks like the right card for me. The article says that it is available for about $190, but I haven't found it for less than $299. Is this a misprint or am I just looking in the wrong places? Any info on where to get this card at the best possible price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

G

I went to Terratec's website and found that they are being handled by Fostex - the folks who make all the mixers and recorders and such. Their website has distributors listed by state. http://www.fostex.com/

If you find a deal on it, let us know. That card sounds like a real winner!

Later...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dj4005 on 01/21/02 06:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I had the same thought as you - sounds like a great sound card for recording. I, too, wondered where the $190 price came from. I emailed the author, who told me that he didn't specify the price - apparently someone else at Tom's did.

In any case, the best price I can find is $253 at Digital Audio works. Here's the URL: http://www.digitalaudioworks.com/tersdx61.html

Good luck!

G

Thanks, Jeff! That's the best price I have seen so far. Philippe is correct in that he did not specify a price, but he did say that it cost the same as the Audigy card, and Tom's price search has the Audigy listed as $190, so I just assumed that the Terratec would cost the same. But you know what happens when you assume.....Anyway, thanks again for the link.

G

No problem.

One more thought - it looks like there are several outfits (Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply) which carry the Terratec product line, but don't have the 6Fire 24/96 listed. This simply may be due to the newness of the product.

If you order from Digital Audio Works, please let me know if their service is good - I'm considering an order in the next few days myself.