Best SD memory for Nikon D50?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
August 21, 2005 6:30:57 AM

Can somebody with experience comment on the best SD memory module for use
with the Nikon D50? Is 45X fast enough? Looking to purchase a 1 gig card.
Thanx

More about : memory nikon d50

Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 21, 2005 6:30:58 AM

In article <Xns96B8E518D7BEFajbrungmailcom@216.221.81.119>,
aj <aj.brun@gmail.com> wrote:
>Can somebody with experience comment on the best SD memory module for use
>with the Nikon D50? Is 45X fast enough? Looking to purchase a 1 gig card.

No experience with either the SD cards or the D50, but I *do*
have a D70, with a 1GB 80X CF card. The D50 should behave mostly like
the D70 -- except where hardware is different, such as missing controls.
I have never been able to detect having to wait for anything with that
-- though perhaps if I went to burst mode and held the shutter button
down long enough I would notice a lag after the in-camera buffer filled
up.

But when I am taking multiple shots in rapid sequence, I
normally like to select the moments myself with multiple button
pressings, not let the thing behave like a machine gun.

Other than that -- I don't *expect* to run into limits at 80X.

Since I have not used any 45X CF cards, I can't tell you whether
I would have noticed being slowed down by it.

The D50 is a new camera, and I think that most of the Nikon
users on this newsgroup are using the D70 or beyond, so I don't think
that you will get many replies to your request for *explicit* experience
with the D50 and the 45X SD memory cards. There needs to be sufficient
user base to get answers to questions like that, and I don't think that
there are yet with the D50.

We may need to wait until you try it and report your own
experiences with it.

I'm not even sure how many other DSLRs use the SD cards yet,
though lots of P&S cameras do.

Good Luck,
DoN.
a b } Memory
August 21, 2005 12:51:49 PM

aj wrote:
> Can somebody with experience comment on the best SD memory module for use
> with the Nikon D50? Is 45X fast enough? Looking to purchase a 1 gig card.
> Thanx

We just got a D50 with a SanDisk Ultra II. I believe this is about an
80X. We got it for a medical study project, we didn't need the speed,
but with tests it seemed to work well. Just got it Wednesday and one of
the study coodinators shipped it of to India. Will be getting the first
working pics back Monday or Tuesday.

Tom
!