Sign in with
Your question

Should I go forward with assembling PC at my Own?

Last response: in Systems
January 25, 2013 11:09:13 AM

I am assembling a PC for my cousin. This would be my first buy and assemble your own PC.

I have read all a lot of tutorials and seen a lot of videos on assembling.
I have opened by own CPU a lot of times and do know how to do things.

But I have one question should I do it all by myself or should I use a assembler.

If I decided to go for a assembler than the cost would be approx Rs.500
And since this is a very tight budget build, it would lead to downgrade of a certain part.

My friends have told me that if I don't connect the power cables correctly than the entire system would burn.
I do not want to take risk as this is my cousin's CPU.

Please advice.

More about : forward assembling

January 25, 2013 11:29:24 AM

You can do it yourself. The majority (if not all) of the power connections are coded so that there is only one way to plug them in. If it doesn't fit, turn it around. If it still doesn't fit, it doesn't belong there.

Read your manuals and watch more videos. My first build, I had to read the section on front panel power/reset/HDD Activity four times before I was comfortable in making the connections. Relax and take your time. There's no prize for fastest build.

-Wolf sends
January 25, 2013 11:34:41 AM

You should be fine if you follow all the instructions but for the parts just post them and ask if their good (the problem with most first builds is a very cheap PSU, from a bad brand).
Related resources
January 25, 2013 11:35:09 AM

agree with wolf, that should be no problem.
Just remember to ground youre self before touching components, even a little static shock could fry a component. if you get stuck google it before forcing anything.
January 27, 2013 1:53:59 AM

Thank you guys. I just saved Rs. 500, that were going to the assembler.
!