Cruel and King Tut's Tomb card games

I've just purchased a new computer with Windows XP. On my old Windows 98
computer, we had the card games Cruel and King Tut's Tomb. Can I just copy
the software to my new computer? I doubt it but maybe there is a way to get
these card gaes for Windows XP. Can any one help me? My wife loves them
immensely.

"Norman H" <NormanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just purchased a new computer with Windows XP. On my old Windows 98
> computer, we had the card games Cruel and King Tut's Tomb. Can I just copy
> the software to my new computer? I doubt it but maybe there is a way to
> get
> these card gaes for Windows XP. Can any one help me? My wife loves them
> immensely.

Do you have the original disk with the setup program? That's the cleanest
route.

However they *may* work by copying them to the new one, or they might not.
A lot of programs need specific files placed in the system directory and
registry keys entered which is done by a setup program.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

"Norman H" <NormanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just purchased a new computer with Windows XP. On my old Windows 98
> computer, we had the card games Cruel and King Tut's Tomb. Can I just copy
> the software to my new computer? I doubt it but maybe there is a way to
get
> these card gaes for Windows XP. Can any one help me? My wife loves them
> immensely.

Why not just try it?

IIRC they should each fit on a floppy. They may need specific dlls (or
versions of - eg cards.dll - in which case I'd stick them in the same
directory you create as opposed to anything in C:\Windows). I'm pretty sure
these can be got off the Web for free (and legit), and there are sources for
the dlls. Don't think they had installers, were just zipped up.