Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DirectX 9.0c problems with XP Home

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
January 20, 2005 11:41:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Ok, I have the game Need For speed : UNderground 2. It
requires Directx 9.0c to run. I try 2 install it off the
game and i cant because it says "The software you are
installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify
its compatibility with Windows XP, This software will not
be installed, contact system administrator" I was told
once i needed to update my video card drivers, i did that
and still get the same problem. Im running XP Home w/ a
32MB NVidia GeForce MX 200. My drivers are updates to
66.93, which are the newest ones for that
card............what can i do ( yes i did DL the 9.0c
Redist for it and that didnt work either)

More about : directx problems home

January 21, 2005 12:11:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

DirectX 9.0c is supposed to require and work with only those cards that are
DirectX 9.0c compatible. While you did upgrade the drivers are you certain
the card itself is compatible?

"matt" <Matt64246@msn.com> wrote in message
news:0fc501c4ff73$6e12e330$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Ok, I have the game Need For speed : UNderground 2. It
> requires Directx 9.0c to run. I try 2 install it off the
> game and i cant because it says "The software you are
> installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify
> its compatibility with Windows XP, This software will not
> be installed, contact system administrator" I was told
> once i needed to update my video card drivers, i did that
> and still get the same problem. Im running XP Home w/ a
> 32MB NVidia GeForce MX 200. My drivers are updates to
> 66.93, which are the newest ones for that
> card............what can i do ( yes i did DL the 9.0c
> Redist for it and that didnt work either)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:20:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

matt wrote:

>Ok, I have the game Need For speed : UNderground 2. It
>requires Directx 9.0c to run. I try 2 install it off the
>game and i cant because it says "The software you are
>installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify
>its compatibility with Windows XP, This software will not
>be installed, contact system administrator" I was told
>once i needed to update my video card drivers, i did that
>and still get the same problem. Im running XP Home w/ a
>32MB NVidia GeForce MX 200. My drivers are updates to
>66.93, which are the newest ones for that
>card............what can i do ( yes i did DL the 9.0c
>Redist for it and that didnt work either)
>
>
Log in as administrator and override the cancellation. It isn't your
fault that MS isn't up to speed with testing all new driver versions. I
have installed it and it works fine.
Related resources
January 21, 2005 3:20:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

OK, You said to log in as administrator and overrider it?
I tried that a few days ago, and tried installing it
under administrator and got the same error message, was
there somthing else i had to do 1st? And the drivers i DL
are supposted to make the Card WQLH or whatever certifed
so...
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:27:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Almost all cards are DirectX 9.0c compatible. It is just that some video
cards would have extra features so that the hardware can do the DirectX 9.0c
enhancement directly on the card.


"Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
news:%23NThee3$EHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> DirectX 9.0c is supposed to require and work with only those cards that
> are DirectX 9.0c compatible. While you did upgrade the drivers are you
> certain the card itself is compatible?
>
> "matt" <Matt64246@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:0fc501c4ff73$6e12e330$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Ok, I have the game Need For speed : UNderground 2. It
>> requires Directx 9.0c to run. I try 2 install it off the
>> game and i cant because it says "The software you are
>> installing has not passed Windows logo testing to verify
>> its compatibility with Windows XP, This software will not
>> be installed, contact system administrator" I was told
>> once i needed to update my video card drivers, i did that
>> and still get the same problem. Im running XP Home w/ a
>> 32MB NVidia GeForce MX 200. My drivers are updates to
>> 66.93, which are the newest ones for that
>> card............what can i do ( yes i did DL the 9.0c
>> Redist for it and that didnt work either)
>
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:19:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Ok, I think I found a way:

Right Click 'My Computer'
Click the Tab 'Hardware'
Click 'Driver Signing'
Choose 'Warn....'
Tick mark ' Make this...'
OK your way out and restart your machine.
This should help but caution is advised, only allow unsigned drivers if
you are absolute sure that they are ok.


Matt wrote:

>OK, You said to log in as administrator and overrider it?
>I tried that a few days ago, and tried installing it
>under administrator and got the same error message, was
>there somthing else i had to do 1st? And the drivers i DL
>are supposted to make the Card WQLH or whatever certifed
>so...
>
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:24:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Oh yes, you will most likely have to log in as administrator when
changing the settings to the driver signing.
Sorry about that :-[

Matt wrote:

>OK, You said to log in as administrator and overrider it?
>I tried that a few days ago, and tried installing it
>under administrator and got the same error message, was
>there somthing else i had to do 1st? And the drivers i DL
>are supposted to make the Card WQLH or whatever certifed
>so...
>
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:24:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

The best way is to either (1) Remove the old driver, then restart the
system as Administrator and install the new driver or (2) Boot into Safe
Mood and install with only generic drivers installed.

NVIDIA's web site says:
=====
a.. Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing
the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.
a.. Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display
drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display
Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.
=====
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone


"Thomas Kuck" <Kolossus@Sancharnet.in> wrote in message
news:eYDV1k8$EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Oh yes, you will most likely have to log in as administrator when changing
> the settings to the driver signing.
> Sorry about that :-[
>
> Matt wrote:
>
>>OK, You said to log in as administrator and overrider it? I tried that a
>>few days ago, and tried installing it under administrator and got the same
>>error message, was there somthing else i had to do 1st? And the drivers i
>>DL are supposted to make the Card WQLH or whatever certifed so...
>>
!