Need advice on compatibility.

6 answers Last reply
More about need advice compatibility
  1. Yes everything will work. Try to look up the CX600 and see if you can get it for the same price. Judging by the MB you have linked I take it you are trying to fix/upgrade an older computer.
  2. Everything is compatible.
  3. Thanks guys. Yes I am upgrading an old system.

I was told that my motherboard is '4-pin' and that the power supply is '8-pin', I don't know what this means, but am I safe here too?

This upgrade is for my girlfriends computer. I have recently bought the same GPU and PSU for my own computer, which has a different motherboard. The GPU and PSU work fine with my computer (Acer Aspire M3970 ).

Taking this into consideration, do you think I need the CX600 for my girlfriends system because her motherboard is a little older than mine? Or will the CX500 be ok with her system too?
  4. It's fine. The power supply unit has a 4+4 pin connector, which at first looks like an 8-pin one, but can easily be split into two 4-pin ones. CX 500 will work perfectly.
  5. c0ca1n3 said:
    Thanks guys. Yes I am upgrading an old system.

I was told that my motherboard is '4-pin' and that the power supply is '8-pin', I don't know what this means, but am I safe here too?

This upgrade is for my girlfriends computer. I have recently bought the same GPU and PSU for my own computer, which has a different motherboard. The GPU and PSU work fine with my computer (Acer Aspire M3970 ).

Taking this into consideration, do you think I need the CX600 for my girlfriends system because her motherboard is a little older than mine? Or will the CX500 be ok with her system too?

The CX500 is fine. I was just suggesting the CX600 because some sights have it listed for the same price as the CX500.
  6. Oh I see, ok. Thanks for the heads up and the advice. Much appreciated.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Compatibility Motherboards Graphics Product