Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Anything missing from this build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 25, 2013 4:00:59 PM

$1450 Epic Build ($1260 if monitor and speakers unincluded)

 CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
RAM : Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 Ghz Edition 
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer USB 3.0
 Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
System Fans: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 120mm
Monitor: SAMSUNG B300 Series S23B300B Black 23" 5ms 
Speakers: : Cyber Acoustics Subwoofer Satellite System

Note: I'm not getting an SSD, as long as the bootup is less than 4mins I'm happy.

More about : missing build

January 25, 2013 4:06:02 PM

Looks good to me. Nothing seems to be missing.
January 25, 2013 4:22:51 PM

why do you need sound card, motherboard has one integrated
Related resources
January 25, 2013 4:26:06 PM

Yes, you'll probably won't need a sound card, the onboard audio of the h77m is pretty good.
If you can add a ssd with 120/128GB it will be better for your system.
January 25, 2013 4:29:36 PM

Although I love gaming, I still would like high quality sound coming through speakers.
January 25, 2013 4:35:43 PM

Unless you do audio work (creation/editing) You wont ever notice a quality difference just coming through the speakers.

Best solution

January 25, 2013 4:56:25 PM
Share

vElectrixx said:
Although I love gaming, I still would like high quality sound coming through speakers.


No matter what sound card you have - if the speakers are crap, the sound is going to be crap. Drop the sound card and instead invest a bit more and get some high quality speakers from Audioengine or Klipsch. If you're paying money for good speakers you still don't really need one, the onboard audio is going to be fine. It's all I ever use.

I'd also say you don't need the extra fans until you get your case. Otherwise everything looks good to me.
January 25, 2013 5:37:17 PM

g-unit1111 said:
No matter what sound card you have - if the speakers are crap, the sound is going to be crap. Drop the sound card and instead invest a bit more and get some high quality speakers from Audioengine or Klipsch. If you're paying money for good speakers you still don't really need one, the onboard audio is going to be fine. It's all I ever use.

I'd also say you don't need the extra fans until you get your case. Otherwise everything looks good to me.


I have some old harmon/kardon speakers, and I'm sure they're probably better than the ones I plan to purchase.
January 25, 2013 5:49:00 PM

vElectrixx said:
I have some old harmon/kardon speakers, and I'm sure they're probably better than the ones I plan to purchase.


Yeah those are probably better for sure - but you don't really need a sound card though.
January 25, 2013 7:35:10 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Yeah those are probably better for sure - but you don't really need a sound card though.



Dropped the card from the build now. It's a shame it disn't stick to under $1300, oh well.
January 31, 2013 11:01:47 PM

Best answer selected by vElectrixx.
!