Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can I run 2 monitors off this motherboard?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2012 12:16:47 PM

no you can use one of the ports to get signal from your integrated graphics located on the cpu itself. to get dual you need a dedicated graphics card
December 10, 2012 12:18:57 PM

Intel's GPU supports two monitors. I know, because I'm running two monitors off the HD3000 and one off the GTX 560ti.

So yes, it will work.
Related resources
December 10, 2012 2:10:10 PM

2 people one saying yes one saying no.

Oooooook.
December 10, 2012 2:34:24 PM

I say no from experience. Maybe newer motherboard can support two monitors with just using on-board video.
December 10, 2012 2:37:38 PM

If I wanted maybes and inaccurate answers I would just stick to newegg reviews.

Ill have to give gigabyte a call to find out if their motherboard supports 2 screens I guess.
December 10, 2012 2:39:41 PM

Well that's rude.
December 10, 2012 2:41:02 PM

Not really, we come here seeking professional reviews and answers to learn from and instead we get people with maybes lol.

Whats the point in replying to a thread that asks for help if you dont know how to help
December 10, 2012 2:45:28 PM

alvine says no. That's not a maybe.
The greater good says yes. That's not a maybe.
I say no. That's not a maybe.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2012 2:46:24 PM

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
manual page 21
This motherboard provides four video output ports: D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort. Dual monitor
confgurations are supported in operating system environment only, but not during the BIOS Setup or
POST process.
December 10, 2012 3:11:07 PM

Now thats a professional answer.

Thanks bro
December 10, 2012 3:11:14 PM

Best answer selected by frsty.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
December 10, 2012 3:31:19 PM

alvine said:
no you can use one of the ports to get signal from your integrated graphics located on the cpu itself. to get dual you need a dedicated graphics card

That motherboard will work with 2 monitors just fine if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 most likely Vista also. Intel integrated GPU's have supported dual monitors for a while now. I know the 3000 and 4000 atleast support it. I am not a expert on intel hardware but have worked on quite a few of them and have had many of them connected to to monitors when working on them and they do work just fine.

It is a definite yes depending on the hardware you are using. In the case of this motherboard dual monitors work just fine.
!