Closed Solved

Can I run 2 monitors off this motherboard?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

Title says it all really.

Let me know!

It has a DVI, VGA and HDMI.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitors motherboard
  1. no you can use one of the ports to get signal from your integrated graphics located on the cpu itself. to get dual you need a dedicated graphics card
  2. Intel's GPU supports two monitors. I know, because I'm running two monitors off the HD3000 and one off the GTX 560ti.

So yes, it will work.
  3. 2 people one saying yes one saying no.

Oooooook.
  4. I say no from experience. Maybe newer motherboard can support two monitors with just using on-board video.
  5. If I wanted maybes and inaccurate answers I would just stick to newegg reviews.

Ill have to give gigabyte a call to find out if their motherboard supports 2 screens I guess.
  6. Well that's rude.
  7. Not really, we come here seeking professional reviews and answers to learn from and instead we get people with maybes lol.

Whats the point in replying to a thread that asks for help if you dont know how to help
  8. alvine says no. That's not a maybe.
    The greater good says yes. That's not a maybe.
    I say no. That's not a maybe.
  9. Best answer
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4153#dl
    manual page 21
    This motherboard provides four video output ports: D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, and DisplayPort. Dual monitor
    confgurations are supported in operating system environment only, but not during the BIOS Setup or
    POST process.
  10. Now thats a professional answer.

Thanks bro
  11. Best answer selected by frsty.
  12. alvine said:
    no you can use one of the ports to get signal from your integrated graphics located on the cpu itself. to get dual you need a dedicated graphics card

That motherboard will work with 2 monitors just fine if you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 most likely Vista also. Intel integrated GPU's have supported dual monitors for a while now. I know the 3000 and 4000 atleast support it. I am not a expert on intel hardware but have worked on quite a few of them and have had many of them connected to to monitors when working on them and they do work just fine.

It is a definite yes depending on the hardware you are using. In the case of this motherboard dual monitors work just fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards DVI Monitors HDMI VGA Graphics Product