Help with system freezing

Hello everyone,

I've recently been having troubles with my gaming PC freezing after ~2mins of gameplay. The freezing process begins with some slight crackling in the audio. When I try to restart the computer after these freezes, it won't boot unless I enter Startup Repair and restore. There are no other tasks that cause the computer to freeze.
I recently changed my C drive to a 120 gb ssd, but the system ran fine for 2-3 months with this new hard drive.

My specs are:
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 975
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA geforce 560
Motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO
HD1: SSD 120GB
HD2: 1 TB HDD

If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong subforum, my apologies.
8 answers Last reply
More about help system freezing
  1. Do you have a sound card?
  2. When you added the SSD did you do a fresh install of windows? It sounds like you have a driver conflict which I hoped would be from the sound card :P
  3. crewton said:
    When you added the SSD did you do a fresh install of windows? It sounds like you have a driver conflict which I hoped would be from the sound card :P

Yeah, it was a fresh install.
  4. Have you tried using just one ram stick at a time? Or you can run memtest86+ on each stick and see if one is bad.
  5. The RAM seems to be fine as well.
  6. Hmm your problem is beyond me :P The next thing I'd do if I were you would be to just do a fresh install of everything one at a time and see what is messing up but that is a major pain. Hmm or before that...have you tried using different nvidia drivers and making sure you don't have any amd graphic drivers still around?
  7. My drivers are up to date and I don't think I've ever had any amd graphics drivers on here. Thanks for trying to help though, much appreciated.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Systems