Sign in with
Your question

GTx 570 issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2012 12:19:18 PM

Ive been having some issues with my graphics card for quite some time, i sat back down and started to work on it again this morning.

its not overheating, its maxing out at 83C
the error message that pops up when it restarts reads as follows.

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800DA950F0
BCP2: FFFFF880053EFB10
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004

it also states these files

C:\Windows\Minidump\121012-25849-01.dmp
C:\Users\baseline\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51199-0.sysdata.xml

i ran the MSi kombuster on it and the same issue that crashes my games occurred. Only it happened literally seconds after starting the test. Not to mention my computer emitted this sharp high pitch sound that wasn't very loud but still hurt my ears. I couldn't figure out whether or not it was coming from the graphics card or not in time.

My screens just go dark and my computer crashes, sometimes the case stays on sometimes it doesnt.

Im thinking it might be my PSU so im gonna hook my more powerful one up, a 550 to the graphics card only, and run everything else on a 340. Im hoping that might solve my problem but i Don't know. Ill be back on soon. I hope someone can help me with this. my warranty expired 2 months ago so please dont tell me i need a new one cause i cant afford it :( 

More about : gtx 570 issues

December 10, 2012 1:16:53 PM

BCCode 116 indicates that the display drivers crashed. The TDR checks if the display driver is working properly. If it has a delay/time-out for multiple times, TDR will basically say to Windows: "Computer needs to restart!". Can you see the BSOD for a long enough time, or does it immediately restart? If so, press F8 before the Windows bootscreen pops up. Then, choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure".

The BSOD is caused by one file, NVLDDMKM.SYS. The name of the BSOD is "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR".

Some methods to fix it:

1. You can fix this problem by removing the display drivers. Then, run Driver Fusion. Just type in google "Download Driver Fusion" and click on the first link. Delete old registry keys and files by usig Driver Fusion. Then, reinstall the drivers.

2. Replace cable and/or monitor. Change the resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768.

3. Scan your system for viruses and defrag the HDD by using Auslogics Disk Defrag.

4. Reinstall Windows.

5. Use the famous "oven baking" method. You can find how do this on YouTube.

If none of these worked, just remove the drivers and use the Standard VGA drivers (No Aero and lower performace).
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 1:22:52 PM

What Win says and the PSU idea.

Please tell me 340 is a model number and you haven't been running a 570 off that?
Related resources
December 10, 2012 1:27:11 PM

the 340 is an older psu ive had hiding in storage for a while
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 1:29:30 PM

Can I ask what PSU you were running the 570 off.

Model and wattage please :) 
December 10, 2012 1:35:22 PM

its a 550, nothing fancy i know. Ive talked to quite a few people about it. I do have a antec 750 on its way in the mail now.

Any way, ive done complete fresh driver installs 6 times, each with a different kind and i reinstalled windows with each time, this has been time consuming and very frustrating. And how will bumping down my res help? and do you mean do it on my desktop screen or in game? or both?
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 1:40:07 PM

EVGA's artifact test?
December 10, 2012 1:50:56 PM

If your talking about what program i used to do a stress test on my graphic card its MSI kombuster.

This instantly triggers the problem, when im gaming i can get in about 5 mins of star craft. I can play if u dumb the graphics down completely. And on battle field 3 i have everything as low as it can go and i still cant last 1 minute.

I dont get how this is a driver issue, i had the same driver when it first happened installed and running for 5 months then one day poof. It started, that was a year ago... ive done so many clean installs its annoying
December 10, 2012 1:54:35 PM

even with the GC soley on the 550 it isnt working...........
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 1:54:52 PM

I mean you should run it to see if your artifacting.

December 10, 2012 3:21:16 PM

I ran that test, dont know if it found anything cause it made my graphics card crash just the same. I got the same error messages as stated above. Im gonna try rolling all the way back to the very first driver. If that doesnt work i guess i just need a new graphics card...........
!