6230 and Bluetooth problems

Last response: in Brands
April 4, 2005 4:41:35 PM

Hi

If this has been discussed else please advise !

I have W XP + SP2, have updated the drivers so Widicomm is running
correctly.

Have installed Nokia PC suit 6.41.6

After installation the phone is recognised correctly, but later (PC
Rebooted etc) cannot communicate. The Bluetooth seems to know the
phone is there.

Very Annoying and time consuming.

Webfoot0
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 6:23:10 PM

waterwy.1.webfoot@spamgourmet.com Wrote:

> I have W XP + SP2, have updated the drivers so Widicomm is running
> correctly.
> Have installed Nokia PC suit 6.41.6
> After installation the phone is recognised correctly, but later (PC
> Rebooted etc) cannot communicate. The Bluetooth seems to know the
> phone is there.

I have exactly the same problem on two XP sp2 machines, all I can tell
you is I have no problems with Windows 2000 Professional using the
drivers supplied with the bluetooth dongle, (widcom again)...
Hopefully either Nokia or MS are working on it...

--
ajoliver
Anonymous

We have similar problem. After reboot of the pc the connection works
just fine until u walk away from your computer and then come back. Then
u need to restart the computer again to get bt to work.

But we find one solution to get it working without bootin the pc. You
just need to kill 2 processes in next order and you can have connection
again.

1. NclTray.exe
2. ServiceLayer.exe

After that u can start NclTray again and it can reach the phone again.

This seems to work at least with Belkin BT adaptors

--
TeroX
July 16, 2005 9:44:03 PM

I had the same problem until I found:
http://www.canyon-tech.com/FAQ/Show.cfm/Accessories_-_B...
and followed the instructions there.

Seems to be working without rebooting all the time. We'll see...

....Bob

!