6230 and Bluetooth problems

Hi

If this has been discussed else please advise !

I have W XP + SP2, have updated the drivers so Widicomm is running
correctly.

Have installed Nokia PC suit 6.41.6

After installation the phone is recognised correctly, but later (PC
Rebooted etc) cannot communicate. The Bluetooth seems to know the
phone is there.

Very Annoying and time consuming.

Webfoot0
3 answers Last reply
More about 6230 bluetooth problems

    waterwy.1.webfoot@spamgourmet.com Wrote:

    > I have W XP + SP2, have updated the drivers so Widicomm is running
    > correctly.
    > Have installed Nokia PC suit 6.41.6
    > After installation the phone is recognised correctly, but later (PC
    > Rebooted etc) cannot communicate. The Bluetooth seems to know the
    > phone is there.

    I have exactly the same problem on two XP sp2 machines, all I can tell
    you is I have no problems with Windows 2000 Professional using the
    drivers supplied with the bluetooth dongle, (widcom again)...
    Hopefully either Nokia or MS are working on it...

    --
    ajoliver

    We have similar problem. After reboot of the pc the connection works
    just fine until u walk away from your computer and then come back. Then
    u need to restart the computer again to get bt to work.

    But we find one solution to get it working without bootin the pc. You
    just need to kill 2 processes in next order and you can have connection
    again.

    1. NclTray.exe
    2. ServiceLayer.exe

    After that u can start NclTray again and it can reach the phone again.

    This seems to work at least with Belkin BT adaptors

    --
    TeroX

    I had the same problem until I found:
    http://www.canyon-tech.com/FAQ/Show.cfm/Accessories_-_Bluetooth_USB_Adapter
    and followed the instructions there.

    Seems to be working without rebooting all the time. We'll see...

    ....Bob

    <waterwy.1.webfoot@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > If this has been discussed else please advise !
    >
    > I have W XP + SP2, have updated the drivers so Widicomm is running
    > correctly.
    >
    > Have installed Nokia PC suit 6.41.6
    >
    > After installation the phone is recognised correctly, but later (PC
    > Rebooted etc) cannot communicate. The Bluetooth seems to know the
    > phone is there.
    >
    > Very Annoying and time consuming.
    >
    > Webfoot0

Nokia Phones Bluetooth