nascarfreak24ny

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello, I am not sure if this is in the right forum, but I built a gaming pc. the specs are:
i5 - 3570K
Gigabyte HD 7570 2GB
Zalman case
2 4GB sticks of ram
MSI z77 motherboard
120 GB SSD
750 PSU

I built everything and only had one stick of ram in, the computer worked perfectly, detected video card, ran all my programs, got steam and did a canirunit test and could play everything. I figured I would try to install the 2nd stick of ram so I did, then there was the little warning sign next to the shutdown button on the windows menu, so I shutdown to update, and it installed update 1 of 1 and powered off. So I went to turn it on and NO DISPLAY. so I waited a little bit and shut off. I forgot that it was updating, so now when I turn on the console, no display. I am not sure what to do in this case.

EDIT: took out and reinstalled 1 stick of ram, and took out video card, plugged in VGA cable to on board card (was using HDMI from video card) and powered on. everything worked fine, a few screen flickers but mostly ok, then there was a message that intel graphics were working and no AMD?Gigabyte stuff was in, and a restart update so i did that, and am back to win 7 login screen. Shutting down to install second stick of ram to see if i can pinpoint it as a videocard issue.

EDIT: added 2nd stick of ram, had to do a small bios reconfig, and reboot, ram works fine, computer recognizes it, will now try video card issues.

nascarfreak24ny

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

What should I roll back the OS to? it was installed yesterday, and Im pretty sure the ram issue is fixed, it works fine, and the computer displays 8 GB. the graphics card only has a black screen on HDMI settings. I am completely dumbfounded with the graphics card.

Well you didn't say that the graphics card didn't work ONLY on HDMI. Is that the case? You tried the DVI?

Try reinstalling the most current drivers for your card.