First Time Builder - Need suggestions!

thecolombianjesus

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys. I'm going to be building my very first custom gaming/recording/editing PC soon. I will be ordering all the parts starting the beginning of February. I have been researching parts for quite some time now, and I have come down to what may be my final rough draft.

The only part I have yet to decide on is the case. I'm kinda picky on it. I don't just want a boring old case. I want something that stands out and looks like a gaming case, not just a simple box. Here is what would make an ideal case:
- All black outside and all black interior
- Good airflow
- Side panel window
- Good cable management
- Preferably tool-less design
- Prefer some USB 3.0 front ports (I don't mind if it doesn't have it, just would be nice)
- Blue LED fans preinstalled is a huge bonus. (I can always just buy some though)

If you have any suggestions for a case could you please let me know? The ones I have on my mind are:
- Zalman Z9 U3
- Zalman Z11 Plus
- NZXT Tempest 410 Elite
- NZXT Phantom 410
- Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
- LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62

I will also list the parts I have chosen for now. If you have any other suggestions that are better/cheaper with around the same performance then I would greatly appreciate it if you could list those too! I will be playing games like BF3, Guild Wars 2, LoL, Arma II, Minecraft, and other PC games in the future. My budget is around $1100.

Please reply! Thanks in advance guys!

Parts List:
AMD FX-8350 CPU ($193.79)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler ($29.99)
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard ($124.62)
G. Skill Ares Series 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 RAM ($53.99)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB HDD ($69.99)
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card($279.99)
Seasonic M12II 620w Power Supply ($78.99)
ASUS DVD Burner ($19.99)
Logitech G110 Keyboard ($64.99)
Razer DeathAdder Wired Mouse ($39.99)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zzyF

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Looks pretty good to me for an AMD build. If you get the UD3 (which I have) absolutely make sure that it is not rev 1.0 (not sure if they are still on the market with 3.0 out but just to be safe). It does not overclock worth a crap.

For a case. You would probably like this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129178

It only comes with two fans (rear and top (blue)) but you can add blue LED fans (up to seven more). Most cases don't come with all of the fans that you can put in them so just buy blue LED fans.

thecolombianjesus

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I noticed that one too. It actually looks like a real solid case. The only thing I dislike about it would be the 2 fan mounts right smack dab in the middle of the side panel. Kinda ruins the view. I could add some fans there though just to make it look better I guess. But other than that, it's a real nice case. Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely going to look into that case as well.